Water in personal water well dropped costing $1500 after gas well drills 4-6 water wells

My next door neighbor's water well went out this week and we discovered the pump was up out of the water which caused it to burn the pump up. They had to replace the pump and drop it down 75 feet, in all costing her $1500.00 to fix it. The well has been there for 18 years with no problem. Now, they just also drilled 4-6 new water wells up the road for the gas well this week. Can anyone tell me if this is not connected? She is a widow and had no money to fix it and had to go borrow the money. I cannot believe this is not from those 4-6 wells drilled to frac the well, tell me if I am on the wrong path with this.

Views: 194

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm worry about terrorists attacking our electric grids.
That would shut down everything, including water.
I am just now able to give the results of the well problem with my friend next door that cost her $1500 to replace (which she had to borrow the money to pay for it). They were going to pay for the well problem then at the last minute they changed there mind and they are not paying for it. She was told it was due to a dry summer....... This is so wrong and she does not know where to go from here. If anyone has any ideas please help with this problem.
Debbie,
Do not let this drop. Contact all of the local television stations and give them the information. I wouldn't think that any of the O&G boyz want this story hitting the news.
"(Something that needs to be considered in this is not just the oil companies but also local businesses and individuals that are drilling (or allowing to be drilled) wells on their private property, creating holding ponds and reservoirs and then allowing the O&G's to buy the water from them.)"

Anyone that lives in the area of La hwy 172 in west Desoto/stateline road?
In Texas just across the state line are huge lined fresh water ponds/tanks being filled by water wells. Several..... and more being built in the area close to the La border. If your water level starts to fall... you will know the reason.
This will be another source for frac water.

I took another look at these ponds and they are about 300' by 300 ' and 20 to 25 feet deep. 300'x300'x20'=1,800,000 cu. ft.
at 7.5 gallons per cu. ft.
approx. 13.5 to 20 million gallons of water per pond.
we have been losing prime on our well that has had no problems and now we cant even prime it. this all started with the lanier-16 and then the lona-21 wells were drilled within a hundred feet of our property. I called goodrich and they said that it is not there problem because matador drilled the lanier-16 and chesapeak drilled the lona-21. I tryed to contact them but no response. now we have no water for the house or horses. we have 41 acres and if this is the response we get then there will be no pipelines or wells drilled on our property. You would think it would be advantageous to take care of these problems so land owners would be more apt to conform with drilling. I am in 21-19n-15w in north caddo parish if there are any gas people in the position to take care of this. 318-347-7575
If the gas wells caused your problems, find out who owns the land they are drilled on and tell them they owe you a usable water well!
Send a certified letter to each operator. Explain what has happened. They might be more willing to help than you think.
Why wouldn't putting pressure on the landowner who is allowing an activity that's affecting your property be a plus at getting the ball rolling in solving this problem? Assuming of course the water well went dry because of that activity. Perhaps putting someone else's hiny in the sling might be better than trying to go it alone, huh?
I would hate to neighbor against neighbor. Besides I doubt the landowner even thought a water well would be drilled. Until recently many people didn't even think twice about it.
Plus the landowner probably had the gas company indemnify him in the lease.

The landowner with the well did not cause the problem.

Go to the source of the problem.
Unless the l/o has taken over the well. A buddy of mine has an old water well used for a oilwell on his duck lease that he uses to pump up the ponds. (he plants wheat in the summer, lets it die, floods the area, its almost not even fair)

But its probally way to soon for that. Start with the operator. You can find the official operator on the wellhead sign or on SONRIS.
Also, try contactin the Office of Conservation. They are supposed to regulate the groundwater wells.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service