Problem: I live in a section with no production but my land is under lease for a well in another section since 1955.

Question 1: is there a way to void that lease if the royalties were not paid and if so is there a way for the public to track royalty payments? 2: If that lease and or rig is bought but another company will the current land owner become the mineral holder ? thanks in advance.

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My mom recieved last check in 1974 for .25 cents so I too want to hear an answer on this one. Last letter she got maybe 20 years ago said NO activity.
If it were me, I would contact the company that owns the lease. Send them a letter with a list of questions. Make some phone calls. Follow-up is really important.
Jason, I think you & I are in the same dilemma. Did you have a meeting yesterday (Sat. 8/23) and were more or less disgusted too?
yes i was at the meeting . but normally loopholes are used to hurt working people and those that play by the rules and if we can find a way to get our piece that would be great and if we dont then at least we can said we tried.
It's just hard for me to believe that all the sections surrounding us have been released at some point over the years and ours was not. Over the past months and years, supposedly EVERY landman in this area did their research wrong?! That's even a harder one to swallow.
This is Jason again according to my deed there is nothing saying that i dont have my minerals . The landmen told us that the title companies and other gas companies did not research far enough back to catch the lease from 1955 . After further reading there are two other wells in that section that are holding up my section to lease
To get back to the origin of Jason's post:
1. In 1955 2 families owned large portions of S25, T15N, R115W, S30, T15N, R14W, S28, T15N, R14W, S19, T15N, R14W.
2. These families leased all of the acreage in one lease to Carter Oil Company in April of 1955.
3. Carter oil spud in a well, which began producing in June of 1955 in S18, T15N, R14W.
4. This oil is still producing today and has only shut down for 2 months 3 times and 1 month 4 times.
5. Section 28 was unitized in 1972.
6. The lands in S25T15NR15W and S30T15NR14W have changed hands multiple times over the years. Thus far I have found no reservation of minerals in any of those transactions.
7. The well started by Carter Oil and the leases attached thereto have changed hands multiple times and are now in the hands of Zadeck Energy.
8. There have been severeal releases filed over the years. We plan to look them up @ the court house tomorrow.
9. The people in S25T15NR15W and S30T15NR14W were informed last Wed. that we may be HBP by this 1955 lease that was discovered while title searches were being conducted for S28T15NR14W. To my understanding. If this is true and the minerals were never reserved with land transactions the people impacted may be able to receive royalties based on the 1955 lease (1/8 or 12.5%) however our hope is there has been a release filed at some poin due to the fact that there was never any development or production in S25T15NR15W or S30T15NR14W.
Those in the group who are not impacted by this have signed their letters of intent and are moving forward. Those of us who are impacted hope to resolve it but feel blessed by the possitive change in our community and the friendships made during this whole process.
Any professional input would be welcome but can we please leave the infighting to another post?
thanks kassi thats what i was trying to say ,lol
There is an old servitude addressed in deed transfers before 1965 for S21 T15 R14 that you need to check on too. I have a friend that lives in that area and she just found that out this weekend. It could really affect things there if that servitude was for thousands of acres. Even if there was no production for section 21, the servitude will hold it indefinitely.
KB:
Bravo! Excellent comment and I couldn't agree with you more
Natch
You are right KB.
I dare say that dear ole' Jim hasn't ever gotten a tail chewing on this site that he didn't have coming. As a matter of fact , the reason that this looked so unwarranted is because he has been given the benefit of the doubt so many times that he has gotten away with too much crap in the past. If you are looking for Tigerdroppings.com info , please head to that site. There are plenty of condescending arrogant know everything types over there just waiting for fresh meat. This site was and still is for the most part , about helping others solve the problems that they didn't have prior to hearing the words Haynesville Shale. As long as people still understand that, this site will still serve some sort of purpose for me , even tho it is crawling with O&G peckerwoods.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service