Petrohawk Energy Corporation Reports Haynesville Shale Result and Leasehold Update
Monday June 30, 7:56 am ET

HOUSTON, June 30 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Petrohawk Energy Corporation ("Petrohawk" or the "Company") (NYSE: HK - News) today announced that it has completed its initial horizontal well in the Haynesville Shale. On June 27, 2008, the Elm Grove Plantation #63 (100% working interest) was placed on production. On June 29, 2008, the well produced at an average rate of approximately 16.8 million cubic feet of natural gas per day with 5,600 pounds flowing casing pressure on a 26/64" choke. The pilot hole drilled on the well encountered approximately 212 net feet of Haynesville Shale. The targeted interval in the reservoir was at 11,005 feet true vertical depth, and a lateral of 3,880 feet in length was drilled. The completion of the well included eleven stages of fracture stimulation. The Elm Grove Plantation #63 is located in Section 9 - Township 16 North - Range 11 West, Bossier Parish, Louisiana.

Views: 398

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So how much money per day is that well producing?
Can anybody give me the physical location of the Petrohawk well that was completed June 26th which was the subject of the article this morning indicating 16.8 Mcf/day IP??
DeSoto Dude: I can read the press release. What I meant by "physical location" of the well is a description on the ground that will locate the well. For example: One mile W of Hwy ?? and the Intersection of Hwy ??? and Hwy ???

Thanks
Taylor: Thank you very much for the information. It is appreciated.
YVW!

It will be 0.09 miles off the road to the left if you are traveling south.
What color does the rig look from Google Earth ? HA! HA!
The image is from April 2002 but, the pad and rig are where those big pine trees used to be. LOL
Taylor: I cannot get Google Earth to work on my computer. Also, I am not from that area. Can you please give me some road names or something so I can just locate the well on a Google Map? I looked for Four Corners Store in Yellow Pages online and they have no listing. I need an intersecting road to Hwy 157 so I can get my bearings. Thanks in advance for your help.
It is approx. three miles south of Four Way Country Store which is at the intersection of Hwy. 527 and Hwy. 157.

Four Way Country Store
3812 Highway 527
Haughton, LA 71037
Taylor: Thanks for the additional information. I successfully downloaded Google Earth but when I tried to navigate to the coordinates you gave me the screen just freezes. I think my computer may not have enough horsepower to run the program properly. Thanks again. I will look on just "plain" Google Map.
using well head cost of 7$ and 25% royalty, each acre in this 640 acre section would produce 16,467.77/year or 44.8$/day.
At $13.35 per mcf and at 16.8 MMCF per day that comes to about $224,280 per day. If #'s stay the same, their cut ,at 1/5% to landowner, leaves them with $65,489,760 for one year.Minus of course production costs.And some claim it takes two years to pay it off! They may need to start showing some fiscal responsibility, especially if I am a new stock holder!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service