JPD Energy opted out of the "pre-lease" in our neighborhood for Chesapeake. They said the area of focus had changed or drilling was already underway. I heard that an available water supply in Greenwood was the issue. We would like to lease with someone. We live off Hwy 169 in Summerwood Subdivision. Has anyone got any suggestions about how to proceed with Plan B?

Views: 75

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Where did you get your information that JPD Backed out??
From them, in a letter addressed to me.
When did you get the letter? I think the Greenwood group your in had been informed that such letters may go out to some areas that CHK was not interested in. You must be in one of those areas. Sorry to hear that. I hope there are not many of those letters going out to folks.
There may be another company that has "earmarked" this particular section for leasing. I know a neighbor down the street signed with Petrohawk. Just got a letter about us not being out of the game just yet-but the possibility of our property as "already held by production" exists. What that means is not entirely clear to me since we have no knowledge of any existing leases, at least nothing was disclosed to us when we bought the property. We'll see.
has this got anything to do with the people who were supposed to siign for 22500.00
Yes, it does.
Is this the Greenwood Hills group?
I don't know, Michele. I'm sorry.
This is a ploy that will work , as it has in the past on the Barnett and will work in the future as well on the Haynesville.They are doing that same thing in Heflin , East side of Lake Bistineau as we speak. They left never to return , then 1 week later they said o.k. , only if you sign for less amount and use this standard lease.
I agree- wave the money and then back out- I wonder if they would be willing to "refocus" for less money????? Be patient!
It seems logical that all the lease information would have been researched by a company such as JPD Energy prior to them making an offer in the first place. I find it odd that they would, as you say "wave the money", then back out. I am prepared to wait but I would like to put out feelers to see what else is going on in the same locale. There is definitely something going on, otherwise attorneys and land men would not be ganging up with groups of us layfolks.
Incidentally, we are in Section 35 in Greenwood, I'm told.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service