AIX has within the last few months permitted 9 vertical wells in Township 23N Range 7W (East Haynesville Field) of Claiborne Parish, 8 of which were permitted or drilled to a depth sufficient to test the Brown Dense (see the "LSBD wells as of 2-3-2012" discussion in this group.)

Completion results have been reported at SONRIS Lite for 3 of these wells and perforation data reported for a 4th. Interestingly, each of these 4 wells seems to have been completed or perforated in a different formation or zone. The Hardin #1 was completed at 10430'-10520' in the Upper Smackover A zone; the Hardin #2 was completed at 10132'-10247' in the Haynesville sand; the Garrett L&T was completed at 11442'-11475' in the Lower Smackover; and the Camp et al. #1 has been perforated at 10876'-10940', which looks like the Upper Smackover C zone.

It must be nice for the operator to have so many zones from which to choose!

Views: 22744

Replies to This Discussion

Lease acquisition efforts in NW LA and E TX appear to be focusing on liquid rich targets.  Much of that flies under the radar for GHS members although the Indigo CV horizontals in S Caddo and N DeSoto have generated a fair amount of interest.  The reason for that IMO is that the prospective fairway is somewhat limited.  Soon I think we will see a number of areas with increasing development as there is plentiful science and well control to identify areas prospective for NGL's and condensate.  The Eagle Ford and the Pearsall are good examples to look at when considering what may be possible.  Good point, Mark.

Just a rumor of unknown reliability at this point, but I hear that AIX has found a partner with deep pockets, and presumably technical expertise, for drilling a horizontal BD well in the East Haynesville Field, Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Obed I was up on my well site today and some fellow with AIX told me the same thing. So maybe it is true I guess we will see.

Yes, Obed I heard same thing about 2 months ago from good source. I am not at liberty to identify company. Based upon AIX drilling location pattern I think it is pretty obvious where they will drill their horizontal test.

AIX Energy makes application for two additional Haynesville Sand Units in the Haynesville East Field, Claiborne Parish.  These are +/- 320 acre units running E/W.

http://ucmwww.dnr.state.la.us/ucmsearch_070611/UCMRedir.aspx?url=ht...

Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI: NYSE) is a recent O/G company that went public recently and has a agressive plan in ageing proven fields adjacent to developing plays by bigger operators. They are finding the Cotton Valley formation in the Dorcheat-Macedonia field (T18S-R21W, ARK) a cashcow in new and rework wells to help fund their   play in the Rocky Mt Niobrara  shale where they have drilled horizontal  currently producing wells. The attached address has an article from the O&G Financial Journal may be of interest to BD hopefuls because BCE is in the BD area and watching SWN with stated interest. Seems to me that even smaller AXI  might have a similar plan. Meanwhile Sonris Lite shows AXI’s last month’s production figures for all their wells below 10,000 in East Haynesville produced almost 10,000blo and 72,500mcfg. Assuming current market values and reasonable wetgas products could approach 1.5 million/ month. Just dreaming of more drillers in the LSBD.  

http://www.bonanza.com/

bee, you should check your link above.

correction with apologies

Bonanza Creek webaddress: http://bonanzacrk.com/

AIX posted two new locations in 11-22N-07W,  245231 LA Minerals 001 and 245232 LA Minerals 002.  Seems they have two rigs in operation and a third on the way. 

From the Hart energy article:

Also according to IHS Inc., Dallas-based AIX Energy Inc. completed #1 Garrett L&T in Claiborne Parish, La., which was tested flowing 800,000 cubic feet of gas, 110 barrels of 58-degree-gravity condensate and 10 barrels of water per day through Lower Smackover/Brown Dense perforations at 11,442-75 ft.

SONRIS report must have been obfuscated:

http://sonlite.dnr.state.la.us/sundown/cart_prod/cart_con_wellinfo2?p_wsn=244046

A vertical that made an IP of 243.33 boepd

Yes, but note on SONRIS that this well only produced for about 2 months from the BD and then was re-completed from the Haynesville sand. This also happened a few years earlier in the Moreland well, in the section adjacent to the Garrett L&T on the east. I assume the decline rate was fast in the BD, but I guess there could have been other reasons for the re-completions.

But isn't that the entire reason for horizontal?  It is my understanding that any shale will drop off very quickly if a vert completion is done, therefore, it has to be horz to work at all?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service