AIX has within the last few months permitted 9 vertical wells in Township 23N Range 7W (East Haynesville Field) of Claiborne Parish, 8 of which were permitted or drilled to a depth sufficient to test the Brown Dense (see the "LSBD wells as of 2-3-2012" discussion in this group.)

Completion results have been reported at SONRIS Lite for 3 of these wells and perforation data reported for a 4th. Interestingly, each of these 4 wells seems to have been completed or perforated in a different formation or zone. The Hardin #1 was completed at 10430'-10520' in the Upper Smackover A zone; the Hardin #2 was completed at 10132'-10247' in the Haynesville sand; the Garrett L&T was completed at 11442'-11475' in the Lower Smackover; and the Camp et al. #1 has been perforated at 10876'-10940', which looks like the Upper Smackover C zone.

It must be nice for the operator to have so many zones from which to choose!

Views: 22744

Replies to This Discussion

obed and Aubrey, here's another for you.

CLAIBORNE 01 244826 OK SMK B RA SU;SALE FAMILY 001 03-MAY-12 A234 031-23N-07W 7100 OAKS 12500

Permitted  5/4/2012   #244830   Claiborne Parish  Langford Etal   AIX Energy  12,500 ft  

S4 - 22N - 07W

LOL!  AIX is like the Energizer Bunny, jon!

Yes, they seem to be.  Any idea what the real play is??

AIX Energy seems to have a farm out agreement on some Hunt Oil Company leasehold that requires a drilling commitment of some sort.  So far AIX has completions in the Haynesville Sand, Smackover and Lower Smackover.  None of those wells to date have been very impressive but there are plenty more drilling and permitted.

I agree, but they are putting in a pipeline to connect the wells and rumor is they will begin drilling in S4 T23 7W.

The wells must be produced, no matter how marginal, to fulfill the farmout and hold the development rights.

Yes, according to SONRIS, the Prothro well, serial #244724, was spudded by AIX on Friday, May 4, in S4 T23N R7W.

http://sonlite.dnr.state.la.us/sundown/cart_prod/cart_con_wellinfo2...

Jackie,

This may be the well you were referring to: Smith Heirs #1, serial #244839, just permitted in S4 T23N R7W.

http://sonlite.dnr.state.la.us/sundown/cart_prod/cart_con_wellinfo2...

That is one and the other is the Prothro well.  the pipeline is along the southern part of the section.

Even though the wells being drilled may be marginal it seems to me that they  provide valuable information in selecting a location for the future BD horizontal well. As well as tying the land up as HBP. Even if the wells just break even I like what I percieve to be there overall plan. I think that section 4 was never properly evaluated. Smith well serial number 169255 was drilled as dry hole. Early on this well showed good potential but that petered out very quickly.  I think they did not have the fault pattern figured out and gave up.

i

t

Wasn't that well only to 3500?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service