Scandrill Rig Endeavor reported 8/29, Assigned w/ Projected Spud Date 9/4.  The Morris 1H is permitted to 11500' TVD with surface location approximately 3.9 miles NE of Kildare.

Views: 8761

Replies to This Discussion

Could be..but I wouldn't jump to any conclusions.  Landmen regularly work far from home and it's quite possible they got the day off to go home for the holiday.

the clerks office was full today

anyone know anything about the watson bear creek well?

Waylon--
Could that be the W.Wilson survey instead of Watson?
You and skip gave me some great information about that area last fall.

Thanks,

Jim Bemis

its the barrow shaver well in the andrew hampton sur.

Skip --

Evidently something popped on the Anadarko's  ER Morris 1H well in the James Taylor Survery, which was flipped from Petro-Land.last fall. I've received an initial  check from Anadarko and an owner number, but scant data with the runsheet. And I haven't received a division order from either Peto-Land or Anadarko, after signing a lease for a small interest last summer.
So the check must be good news,despite chaos in oil prices, although  I haven't heard anything except what you and Wayland have  posted here.
I'm definitely a novice on the RRC's new website. And It's tough to get through to the Anadarko divison order folks or other royalty-owner lines.
Please advise if  you or others know about recent  activity around that well or in that part of Cass County..
Thanks,
Jim Bemis 

Waylon -

Thanks again\

. I've been trying for years  to figure out who's who in the rig moves and other games being played  around  Cass County.'s borders. You and Skip seem to have the best handle on the current  local story.

Jim Bemis

barror shaver has set casing on their waton well in the andrew hampton sur.

I haven't seen a well yet where Barrow-Shaver didn't set casing - whether its productive or not. 

Jim~

First, Petro-Land is an independent land company contracted by Anadarko (APC)to acquire leases for lands they have designated.  That's not "flipping".  It is the usual manner in which major and mid-major energy companies gain development rights.  Secondly, congratulations as the well is producing and you and other mineral owners in the well are now royalty recipients.  Thirdly, the Texas Railroad Commission doesn't have stringent rules on reporting so it's hard to go beyond the fact that the well is producing and APC is paying royalty on production.  Maybe, Julie can start looking for a completion report so we can judge whether the well is good enough to encourage APC to drill additional wells..  A completion report will be entered in the database eventually.

Skip --

Thanks for another informative post, which make me feel a lot more confident about the process now under way with Anadarko, which seems to have strong experience in East Texas. 

I guess  I'll never catch up with the oil-game  jargon like "flipping", which has several additional meanings here in Arkansas.

Thanks again,

Jim Bemis

Generally speaking a flipper seeks to acquire leases with no intent to develop the underlying minerals themselves.  They are speculating in leases they hope to assign to an operating company for a cash profit and an Overriding Royalty Interest in any realized production.  When a company employing this business model does so where an operating company is assembling a leaseblock they are known in the business as "corner shooters" or "block busters".  Operating companies would prefer not to deal with them but it's a fact of life.  Of course sometimes the flippers buy leases that turn out to have no assignment value and they loose their investment.  A flipper is quite different from a land company representing an operating company.  Mineral owners should know the difference and proceed accordingly.

APC has an area of productive Haynesville and Cotton Valley operations in Panola County.  They attempted to establish a similar operating area in north Caddo Parish but after drilling about a dozen wells they stopped drilling.  The wells were not sufficiently productive.  APC is a capable operator with experience in our general area.  That does not guarantee that your area and this well will evolve into a successful operating area.  We'll have to see how things play out.  Cross your fingers.

Morris 1H IP 70 BOPD, 78 MCFD, 2873 BWPD.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service