Everything seems to be VERY tight lipped on this well.  Location is very well secured.  Anyone know whats going on?

Views: 3485

Replies to This Discussion

Drew,

The wireline truck would likely be used to log the formations encountered by the well and determine their characteristics.  Leor may also have used a mudlogger to help them understand the formation, and may have taken cores, but there isn't any way to know for sure, unless someone directly associated with the project wants to share.  

Take the wireline to mean they have probably finished drilling the vertical and are planning a completion.

Has anyone seen trucks with casing?

They could have set another casing string, and that would have required them to run open hole logs.....on April the 26th the well was drilling at 12,748'.  I think it is unlikely they could have drilled the remaining 6252’ in one month, but do no know.

Bosco,

Do you know what rig is on the site, and more specifically is it one of the large top-drive type units?
I'll leave it to others to determine if 6200' over a month (200'/day) is feasible. Some of the deep wells that have been drilled in Polk County might be a decent reference on how long this one will take.
The drilling should really slow down at this depth. The offsetting Shell wells was @16053 on 3/30/71 and18108 on 6/19/71. There may have been drilling problems but I think it will be the end of the month at the earliest....but who knows, they may be targeting shallower objectives and maybe never intended to go that deep, or perhaps the Halliburton buys were just in the area....
Maybe they decided to take a peak in the Shell well with modern tools, at least the portion of the bore still accessible. Other than those two wells, there isn't much to look at (from a wireline perspective) in the area they were observed. Maybe they got lost.

This could be true, but as one drills deeper the rocks generally become harder to drill, and the rate of penetration slows down. My estimate is this well will take 100 drilling days if things go right to reach 19,000'....Can you see this location from the road?

Not sure, none of my location contacts have been down in that particular area. Its well away from most folks homes/etc, and well of the local FM road.

FYI, Leor filed an amended W1 on 6/1/2011 to a depth of 20,000' and change the unit name. Spud date is listed as 3/30/2011

Here is some new info....now the logging truck makes sense:

06/01/2011 06:00                RUNNING A LINER: SIZE-7-5/8"; TOP-12,333'; BOTTOM-16,920' 

so they are @ 16,290 going to 20,000.....maybe another month or so???

Bosco

Why do you think that they wanted the extra 1000 ft? If they are at 16,290 how would they know?
I really dont know. I did not see the amended permit. The well directly offsets an existing well so i feel like they know exactly what they will find. My guess is the well targets Bossier sands seen in the Shell well. The Fracking technology has improved since the 70's, so I think the play is based on utilizing new hydraulic stimulation technology. I suspect they will make a well, the question is how good of a well? This well is plenty expensive and must produce at high rates to make it economic. I have my fingers crossed.
Good questions Mike. My first answer is I dont know. Having said that, I would guess that your acreage is in the game. Leor is driilling to 20,000 feet in north east Trinity County, and i believe the objective sands are at least 19,000 feet deep. This is a high cost well and they must make a very good well to generate interest in drilling this deep for gas. It seems to me only a few companies are interested in gas right now. There are only about six or seven companies seriously playing the deep bossier, but a new discovery may bring in some new blood. If the well is a dud I think the chances of more drilling in this area below 19000' are slim.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service