Everything seems to be VERY tight lipped on this well.  Location is very well secured.  Anyone know whats going on?

Views: 3485

Replies to This Discussion

Bosco,

I noticed that there is already another producing gas well on the same survey as Forestar Unit 1. Could you investigate how viable it is?

Drew

I think that is the old Shell well I discussed in earlier posts. It was reentered and completed in the Travis Peak, now operated by Mortimer Production out of San Antonio (good guys). The well is no good and the Travis Peak is not a good reservoir in the area. The porosity and perm is too low.

Best wishes;

Its made about 135,000 MCF of gas since it was recompleted or changed ownership in 2004.  Interestingly, I see in one of the reports a 5200 psi shut=in pressure at that time.  It was perfed along a 150' interval  and fraced with 1309 bbl of fluid and 40,000 lbs of propant.  Not sure how Travis peak is fraced right now, but that sounds light to me as compared to what I've seen (very little) in vertical fracs.  

Gas analysis says roughly 96% methane 3% CO2.  Little to no condensate.  I think they may be looking for something shallower AND deeper than the current well.  That's speculative on my part, but reasonable.

Boscoe or dbob,

I have heard that the fire in Trinity county has destroyed some or all of the timber on my land. I have heard that many houses have been evacuated on FM 2262. Have you heard if drilling has been stopped on Forestar? If so, what is the protocol for such an event, and what would you expect to be destroyed on the rig?

Drew

Drew,

I can't speak to the specific operations at the Forestar well at the current time. However, the fire is currently several miles from the drill site, and would need to cross State highway 94 before being a threat to the site. It would also need to burn through some of the area that is acutally populated before it reaches that location. That said, there were reports of hot embers being carried by the wind into the North Cedar Creek area.

The well site itself should be mostly flat and rocked at this point, with relatively little flamable on the site, with the exception of a few house trailers, diesel fuel to supply generators, and cars of the drilling crew. Unless it it likely for the fire to reach the drill site, I think it unlikely there will be a cessation of drilling activities. If the operations do get stopped, I would expect the well will be filled with heavy mud, they will pull the diesel tank and stop drilling, but most of the equipment will stay on site. Oh, and the drillign crew might but on their FRC.

Sorry to hear about your timber as well.  

One other comment on the timber, It doesn't looks like the fire has burned "everything" in its path.  Depending on the wind conditions, fuel load, etc, I'd hazard to guess that in some areas a decent percentage of pine trees older than 15-20 years are going to be ok.  Of course, we know it got in the crown in some areas and anything that got crowned is toast.  

There may be some cost sharing programs open to you if you are adjacent to the USFS property, particularly if you might replant with longleaf.  

Anyone here anything on the well?  I haven't heard anything from anyone local recently.

Dbob...I check the railroad commission filings on this well every day, and I don’t see anything new after the drilling liner was run on 6-1.....they should be approaching TD on this well. My guess is they will run pipe and test the Jurassic section, as the well is a twin of the old Shell #1 temple Industries well and there should be no surprises. After running pipe they will most likely frack the Jurassic, section and then flow the well back. There is generally a three month delay between production and posting of the information @ the TRRC, so it could be four to six months (at best) before there is any RELIABLE information. As always, it is hard to keep secrets in the oil business, so I will be posting up each and every thing I hear about the well.

Leor set 5 1/2" production pipe @ 18,789' on 6-30...This is a good thing!!

Bosco

Bosco,

Thanks for the update. For clarification, I understand they may have drilled/cored/logged deeper than 18,789', but does the setting the production pipe at that depth mean that is near or about the max depth they plan to produce from?

Also, regarding your earlier note, I understand we may go long periods before we know anything. Hopefully I can get some local word on when the fracing companies move in, but my guess is we will have to wait for a crew to be available.

Dbob I believe you are correct. I am looking at the old shell well which is only 200 feet or so from the Leor well. This well has some interesting sands below 17000' but the log picks up around 18,030. Leor probably saw additonal sands whice were bellow the TD of the Shell well, as they set pipe @ 18,789"......this is a good thing!!

It's time to go boat shopping!!!

The leor well set a 5.5" production string @ 18,789' on 6-30. This is about 650' beneath the first reading (log) on the offsetting shell well. This is a good thing!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service