New permits in Shelby county went from 4-5 a week to zero for the past 2 weeks.  Not a good sign.

Views: 181

Replies to This Discussion

Etola, we know Chk. had the two permits at Ashton & for the other fed. well--Blankenship Creek. Chk. was suppose to go after oil instead of gas and head to the South for the Eagle Ford. Are there rumors that they are not coming back for the two federal wells? They may skip out on that as the permits were ages ago. It will probably be quite a while before they get to the creek area and they may not depending upon what they find in the other wells. They could let the leases die; everyone in it may not be leased recently. I know I did not lease (to the best of my knowledge) when some of them did. Everyone who would be in the unit may not have a current lease, and my lease is fairly new so I could wait a long time. That will be interesting to see a foreign river name followed by fed or USA. Rather than having it named after me,I chose a name and USA after it as it sounds better than federal. I wondered if elephant was taken as they are gushers; XTO had animals. They were talking about using my land at one point. As far as I am concerned the feds could have it on their side, but it is so difficult to go through the procedures for that. Without uses for all of this gas, the price will not be good unless that hyperinflation they talk of really hits us big time and we do not need that. At the rate we are going,it could be just $1.50-$2.00 range and neither the operators nor owners need a well in that case. It would be better to save it for the future; I do not have long term heirs; however, it does not need to be wasted or given away. In about a decade, they should have a lot of uses. Perhaps we could be blessed and get some politicans who will help us and want to improve the nation rapidly. We need to develop more organizations and work with the one in our local area--the one in Nacogdoches. We could make the business better by putting forth effort to help ourselves. NARO and others have lobbists, etc. We cannot just think and talk about things; as you and I know from our career, we have TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY AND JOIN FORCES AND WORK FOR THE SET GOAL. They will not be able to use as much gas as they are finding so people need to be prepared in case they get a shut-in and I guess they would/could rotate shut-in wells. The price is getting like when I was a child except then that money would purchase more. We cannot solve it,but we need to realize that it won't be as exciting as it once was! In Dec., they should frac the Joaquin Dean Well, and see what the shale there will or will not be. LOL

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service