Is it me or has the area for Bossier shale grown? I don't remember it covering this much area. The "fairway" of the bossier shale makes an abrupt halt at the North La Salt Basin when I look at Comstock's map and compare it to Petrohawk's map. If its old news, I apologize.

Views: 249

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Exxon-Mobil has never been in the Haynesville Shale Play to any significant degree that I am aware of. And informed landowners are aware that the production from the Haynesville, and the other productive formations "behind their pipe", is potentially a forty to sixty year income stream. When you think about it in those terms, the current price of natural gas just isn't that important.
Parker, yes - it would definitely be interesting to see their outlines, especially EnCana since they have actually drilled and tested. Chesapeake is going to stay fairly quiet as I suspect this is some of the reason for their increased activity in the Southwestern portion of the play.
Taylor, potentially yes but the details and well contral are fairly sketchy at this time. More operators seem to be interested in the play but the Haynesville Shale will continue to be top priority.
For what it's worth, Regency Energy also has published a map that depicts both the Haynesville and Bossier shales. It's on page 9 of the attached file. I have no idea how accurate this may be or the source of their information, but it's interesting to follow the few tidbits of information that come out on this formation.
Attachments:
Qwert, thanks for the post. The map Regency is utilizing is an older Petrohawk map from about five months ago.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service