There are multiple rumors about SWN and the brown dense, Im starting a discussion where all rumors are welcome.

Views: 115076

Replies to This Discussion

I must say that all is good news so far!  I just wish I knew how long it is going to take to complete the pipeline from the BML well.

Understand well should be put into producing by November,  Thelma Dole well should be put to production about same time.

John, thanks for the information.  I will be in Union Parish this weekend and hope to visit with my neighbors.  I do understand that landowners  in this section have not received the Division Orders to sign.   That should be soon.

As of 9/28/12 the Dean well is listed as Status Code 31  (Inactive Dryhole - Future Utility).

I'm thinking there must be some purely technical reason why the Dean and Johnson wells are listed as Code 31. The status date for the Code 31 is shown as Aug 21 for the Dean and July 27 for the Johnson, and from several accounts the wells have been fracked since those dates.

The Dean and Johnson well are both being flowed back I personally seen the flare on the Johnson well

I would speculate that SWN has completed testing both the Johnson and Dean wells and will wait for further developments to decide whether to re-complete them as horizontals.  I think they are Status Code 31 because SWN has not decided to invest in the gathering system that would be required to place them on continuous production.  They can't flare indefinitely.

It is a common practice for offshore (shelf & deepwater) operators to drill successful discoveries, yet classify the well as a dry-hole. I understand that the tax benefits are significant and proportional to well-cost. Then after a period of time the operator can re-enter the well, and complete or sidetrack. This approach offers additional benefits: [1] allowing the operator to tie well-logs into seismic & determine if a sidetrack is warranted to position the well-bore closer to the reservoir / trap's pinnacle, and [2] allowing time to upgrade pipeline infrastructure.

SWN could be taking a similar approach. I believe that this would allow SWN to 'write off' the cost of the original (vertical) well-bore. This could be a strategy that will allow SWN to maximize the efficiency of their exploration dollar. 

Please note: I am not proficient in tax law, so please feel free to double check this post. 

Has anyone heard anything out of SWN's presentation this morning at the Johnson Rice Energy Conference in New Orleans?  The company's stock price is up pretty strongly this morning, more-so than the move in the price of NG.  Wondering what was said re: the Brown Dense or any of their other plays.

Just curious, as it seems to have gotten somewhat quiet lately... Thanks!

The presentation was yesterday morning.  There was no link to a webcast made available yesterday and your reply reminded me to check again just now.  Still no link.

Johnson Rice Energy Conference
Show Additional Information

You're right.  Sorry got my days mixed up. But I could find no link as well, so I thought I'd post and see anyone in the community here knew anything.

I haven't seen any Internet financial articles based on the SWN presentation either.  Maybe later today.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service