There are multiple rumors about SWN and the brown dense, Im starting a discussion where all rumors are welcome.

Views: 115066

Replies to This Discussion

It would be a surprising turn of events to find that verticals produce better than horizontals.  As I have mentioned previously, I think SWN should drill vertical wells with their 2013 budget in order to test a wider swath of their leasehold.  The questions of repeatability and decline curves still loom large.

I agree with you Skip,They could get alot more data and cover more area. The Dean well is a prime example. They can always come back and put the laterial in play.

What is the normal spacing for a vertical uncoventional play???? Is there any other vertical unconvetional oil play in the U.S.?

Tony,

Does SWN have to sell the allowable or are they allowed to sell UP TO the allowable. In other words is the allowable definitely a reflection of production?

BML well today

WELL ALLOWABLES

EFFECTIVE DATE END DATE LUW CODE LUW TYPE CODE ALLOWABLE ESTIMATED POTENTIAL CURRENT ALLOWABLE TYPE
01/10/2013 01/11/2013 1000 0 1
01/08/2013 01/09/2013 1000 0

North,

If I understood the explanation correctly,SWN calls the Monroe office for an emergency oil removal authorization and SWN sets the figure to be removed. I wish you would call them and verify this. I think they are tired of me calling.318-362-3111

I actually tried to call but they must be gone for the weekend.

It looks like Skip's report confirms the numbers.

Looking better for sure would love to see the corresponding flowing tubing pressures at these production rates. That compared to a shut in would give a indication of flowing draw down.

Sure is quiet out there. I wonder why they quit filing emergency allowables?

It has been quiet.    If they a have been producing since the end of November, it should be soon we see a report and landowners I know are awaiting payment.  Didn't someone say it would be after the first six months of production before you see a true picture of the production?

The Monroe office said on Friday  they had received no Emergency Clearance to Move Oil from SWN. I asked if either of the wells had been potentialed and she said "No". I don't know where the oil is going.I find it hard to believe SWN shut in the wells.

Rumors from reliable source indicate that Whiting Petroleum has staked location for a well between Shongaloo and Springhill. I don't have exact location but was told that Mr. Bud Lee's estate of about 200 acres will be in the 640 acre unit. This would be about 3 or 4 miles west of Crossroads store. It will either be a Cotton Valley or Brown Dense based upon my knowledge of their leasing activity in the area. Perhaps some of you locals can enlighten us. If not, I will find out more in a couple of weeks when I am in the area.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service