There are multiple rumors about SWN and the brown dense, Im starting a discussion where all rumors are welcome.

Views: 115063

Replies to This Discussion

Obed, I had similar thoughts after hearing the latest presentation from SWN. I have a strong feeling they are not swayed by our opinions. Also I heard the drill bit is not stuck anymore at the Doles well.

You are correct Barbara.   I talked to someone last night and that was confirmed. 

tony, I think you might check with Jay for clarification before you turn his mention of the Smackover into the Brown Dense (Lower Smackover).  The initial Caddo Pine Island Field drilling unit application by Anadarko is for the Haynesville Formation.  It is based on an existing prior Field Order by Matador that defined the Haynesville in that location as being about 1900' thick.   The best I can tell the definition includes some goodly portion of the Lower Cotton Valley, all of the Bossier, the Haynesville and some upper portion of the Smackover.  My guess would be that it includes the Smackover Reservoir A.

Skip,

Are there existing (established) Smackover units in the area? Or was your reference to the "A" zone of the Smackover formation?

Aubrey~

My comment was based on the depth definition for the Haynesville Zone in this particular area of the Caddo Pine Island Field.   I compared the depth stated in the appropriate Field Order to the tops of formations in wells to sufficient depth in the vicinity.  The several Field Orders in the 122-Y (Haynesville/Caddo Pine Island) series that I have reviewed all repeat the depth definition and use the same reference well as in HA RA SUA by Matador.  The following is the definition from Matador's Order 122-Y and is the same as that used in Anadarko's recent Haynesville unit application.

The Haynesville Zone, Reservoir A, in the Caddo-Pine Island Field, is hereby defined as being the stratigraphic equivalent of that interval encountered between the depths of 8,390' and 10,300' (electric log measurements) in the Texaco, Inc. - DL Gish et al No 1 Well, located in Section 23 North, Range 15 west, Caddo Parish, Louisiana.

The 122-X series of Field Orders define the Smackover RC in this same area of the Caddo Pine Island Field.  Devon formed units for the CV, HA and SMK in 4 sections in early 2010.  The reference well is the same DL Gish et al No 1 and the depths are 10,300' to 10,530'.  

In Anadarko's most recent HA unit application to dissolve existing units HA RA SUX and HA SUBB in the Caddo Pine Island Field and HA RA SUB in the Dixie Field and to create HA RA SU54 and HA RA SUM as additional 960 acre units which Jay mentioned the same depth definition and reference well are reiterated. 

It appears to me that the SMK RA is included in the  HA depth definition but the L SMK (BD) is not.  And therefore is not being targeted by Anadarko at this time.

Aubrey~

Do you need links to the pertinent unit applications or field orders?

Skip:

I would appreciate your posting link to unit applications.  THANKS

Aubrey

I'll do so in a few days when I'm back in town. I think obed may know how to post the link, You might ask him.

Skip and Aubrey,

Here is the link to the Field Order of 2010 for the Devon Smackover Reservoir C units:

http://ucmwww.dnr.state.la.us/ucmsearch/UCMRedir.aspx?url=http%3a%2...

)bed,  Thank you very much for info. One more question for you. A number of wells in and around Section 4, T23N, R7w have been completed. Sonris reported completion of these wells and show them to be producing. Do you know if the wells in S4 have been unitized or if they are producing on lease basis? I can not find any unitization maps, but the best I can tell the Smith Heirs well is not in a unit for either Haynesville Sand or Smackover. Thanks for any info you may have about this.

Aubrey, I think you are right about the wells in Section 4 not being unitized yet. At least I can't find any recent applications for Haynesville or Smackover units in this section.

On another thread under "Brown Dense" we are trying to sort out the relationship, if any, of the Gray Sand to the Smackover C reservoir. Do you have any info on this? Thanks.

All unitized wells are so noted in the name, both compulsory and voluntary.  Wells with no unit designation are lease wells.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service