There are multiple rumors about SWN and the brown dense, Im starting a discussion where all rumors are welcome.

Views: 115066

Replies to This Discussion

Swn

The Dean vertical well is in S31-22N-1E so this must be SWN planning to convert the Dean into a horizontal.

Given the north south orientation that would be my suspicion, or a separate well that uses the data they developed from the dean. Exploration marches on!

In general terms, one can assume that developmental plans for a tight oil play have this orientation(typefied by actual Bakken and Eagle Ford wells):

A 1280 unit is put in a North South format on the map becuase multiple wells/laterals are planned to be drilled from one pad per four wells, each unit having as many as 8 wells across it(two pads). Laterals can be as long as almost two miles. Some plays only have four, some have six, but some plays' units can take as many as eight wells.

The longer the lateral, the more stages and wellbore exposed to formation, and thus higher ultimate recovery of oil in place.

Has anyone heard any news on the Hollis well Southwest has permit for?

The Hollis well permit is effective for one year.  SWN could move a rig there on short notice if the location is built.

Approval Date:  04/27/2012

Expiration Date: 04/26/2013

Location has been build since March. They brought DeSoto 20 there after the BML well was drilled waiting on the Johnson well pad to be finished.

Thanks, John.  Any idea where Rig #20 is now?  Or for that matter #21?

Not sure Skip,  have heard they are setting up on location west of Junction City off Hwy 9 but have not seen any new permits issued.  Went by the Garrett well a few days ago and noticed equipment set up to flare but no activity.

Have you heard anything on the Roberson well,  I haven't seen any post on it in several months

Both 20 and 21 have dropped off the weekly rig report.  No telling where they are but they're not drilling.  The Roberson well has production tubing installed last I looked but no new production information.

It is rumored that the line is run to the Doles well to begin the frac job!

I have also heard SWN has started their 4 stage frac of the Dean well.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service