Brown dense......leasing activity Union County,Union Parish.....EOG

NEW GROUP!

http://www.gohaynesvilleshale.com/group/brown-dense-lsbd

This discussion will be closed in the near future and all discussions on this topic will take place in the above group.

This is a post being sent to anyone having info on a shale fprmation called brown dense. There is a company called PINE bELT WHO IS RUMORED TO BE LEASING
several 300 to 400,000 acres in two counties in Ark. and one ....Union Parish ,La.
Is anyone selling leases?? If so ,what is the going rate?
EOG is spin-off to the old Enron company.
This lease asctivity seems to on a hush-hush basis.
Does anyone think this might be as big as any of the other shale plays? Jim B.

Views: 6642

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

My information is Devon is looking at the Smackover.  They were evaluating this and other areas and settled on this 50 sq mile tract. 

North LA, no offense but I will defer judgment of the acres under lease until I have some more definitive data. Your methodology is not one to  inspire confidence in it's accuracy.

Skip,

If I was trying to be accurate I would of placed decimal points in my estimates:) BTW I know for a fact there are several lease offers as far south as 21N.

Yes but are they leased for a BD Play?  No one can say for sure.  Wells, not leases, will define the prospective area if a successful play develops.  When you get as far south as 21N the L SMK may be too deep for a oil/liquids prospect.  We haven't seen any recent deep SMK wells anywhere close to that far south and I doubt we will.
I'm with you, Skip.  Guessing the acreage being leased is pure speculation although your potential outline is probably reasonable based upon word-of-mouth and recordation.  Still I prefer to be conservative.  My numbers would be higher if we saw 3-4 large land teams/brokers working the play.  At this point, Pinebelt seems to be the leader.  Triad is also involved but it is not clear how many leases they are buying or whether they are competing with or working with Pinebelt.  Lastly, and most importantly, is finding the wells that are the basis for this play.  Something is out there.  Obviously it is tight and we might not know until an announcement comes.  Someone with a service company knows, and perhaps a landowner.  Let's keep digging.

John,

I've also been offered by companies named Empressa energy and Schoeffler energy. There is another company which I've heard will come on board soon.

Interesting.  Hard to say whether they are real players or tag alongs who try to pick up a few leases and flip them to Pinebelt or Triad.  That is common.
The guy from Empressa said he was leasing for Murphy and he told me Empressa had already leased all of Deltic Timber. The guy from Pinebelt told us they were trying to lease 250k acres. The Schoeffler guy just offered the lease and didn't give anymore information but I later found out that Schoeffler owns Triad so really we've been offered by 3 companies. A guy I know told me another company is going to start leasing soon. I know the name but I don't want to give it out without permission.
It was Pinebelt so I assume it was for the BD????
You may do so.  I will not.  LOL!
PineBelt has recorded a memorandum of lease for Deltic Timber in Columbia County so either Empressa is working for PineBelt or Empressa has leased in Union County while PineBelt has leased from Deltic in Columbia County or it is too convoluted to determine who or what is leasing what.

According to my sister, who lives in Claiborne Parish, LA, not too far from the Union Co., AR,   J-W Operating Co/Patterson  Denney well site, the site is well built and appears to be about ready for drilling to begin:

"It [the well site] is exactly at the intersection of Jack Ware Rd and West State Line Rd.  Where Jack Ware Rd tees into W State Line, the access road to the well site just goes straight.  In other words, you don’t turn onto State Line, but just continue straight across on the access road for about 50 to 100 yards.  The access road and the site itself are solidly built as if to support really heavy equipment.  The well site is larger than most we’ve seen.  The site appears to be completed including the slush pit.  Also they have recently re-blacktopped West State Line Rd all the way back to Hwy 15.  We went that way when we came out.  Don’t know if they redid that road just for transporting in the well equipment or if it was just coincidence.  Anyway it’s nice to see some action beginning."

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service