Does anyone know of any activity in Cass County?

Views: 9842

Replies to This Discussion

Please pass along the suggestion that he list that amongst his other areas of practice.  I would further suggest that GHS members receiving offers to lease take their time to find out as much as possible about the operator and the target formation(s).  In the meantime they might do well to read through the discussions concerning Anadarko in the N Caddo Parish Group.

Judy, I haven't heard enough first hand comments to be sure who is behind the leasing.  Anadarko has been mentioned by others.  Knowing the operator behind the land companies and the target formations is important to determining what are reasonable lease terms.  Those who are approached with an offer to lease should ask both of those questions.  And not get in a hurry to execute a lease.

OK, taking a course doesn't make one an O&G attorney, it takes years of experience. I know nothing about Mr. Mays and am not in any way commenting on his experience as an O&G attorney. He may be the best there is but one needs to do their own research into the qualifications of any attorney they hire.

I am well acquainted with Jeff Mays.  He considers himself the oil and gas expert in Cass County and has a large percentage of the Atlanta area mineral owners as clients.  He is NOT easy to deal with.  He brags about holding large oil and gas companies over the coals.  He will make sure that your bonus is as large as possible although I find it hard to believe he said he couldn't get you a 1/4 royalty.  He has run a number of groups out of town that didn't want to deal with him personally.  I'm personally not a fan of Mr. Mays.  He basically said in not so many words that he would help my client out if there was something in it for him.  Things like this happen often in small counties.  It is very frustrating.  I know that the courthouse was not full of landmen recently.  I do not however doubt that Anadarko is interested in that area.  The deal that Jeff Mays apparently gave his blessing to is a pretty good deal in my opinion.  My two cents.

RR

• mr. rowe you are wrong the clerks office has been full all week i have been there have you

There are only a handful of competent attorneys that I ran into in Atlanta.  Jeff is competent as far as I can tell.  His office is really messy.  I'm biased, but not telling you all anything you can't find out pretty easily on your own.   Like I alluded to earlier, Cass is a different beast.  It is a little different than the other East Texas counties I have been around.  

RR

Waylon, I have not personally been this week.  I did however have a guy in there working and I doubt he would lie to me about the activity.  Who knows... he might have been at the golf course.  From reading a few of your posts, it doesn't seem like you are a landman.  You a timber guy?

RR

Stroud is leasing north east of kildare tx. paying 300.00 per ac. 1/5 royalty for 3 plus 2 

Waylon, I haven't heard of Stroud.  Is the area they are leasing in near Bivins?  Is that 3 year lease plus 2 optional?  Sorry, I am still learning.....

Stroud Petroleum is a small independent out of Shreveport.

stroud is a very big indepent they just completed a horimzal well near mcleod. they are leasing in the r ard  I fishback surveys about 4 miles south of bivins yes that is 3 years with an 2 year optionand another 300.00 pet ac.

What's the full corporate name of stroud, waylon?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service