COMSTOCK PERMITTED WELL IN NOBLE......NO NOTIFICATION!!!!

The well permit is in my section and have not been leased. Just wondering if I was forced pooled or what is going on?? Should I have at leased had some kind of notification? Can someone please help me out with this? Thanks in advance!!!

Tags: COMSTOCK, IN, NOBLE, PERMITTED, WELL

Views: 152

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nudog, I mean unitizing Section 3 because that will be the producing section.
Sorry Les Im nu to all of this. I thought they had to unitize the section before they drilled it. Thanks again for your help!!!
Les help! in the map at the top the perf pt 2 which extends 2,240 ft. to section 4, please explain.
Ken, the plat is showing that the proposed bottomhole and perforation point is located 2,240 ft from the section line.
les, as i mentioned earlier i have the n/e corner of section 4 between hwy. 171 and corner....will this help my position? (leasing)
Ken, assuming the Comstock well is successful it should help.
Les, thanks for putting that attachment out there. Correct me if I am wrong, but I am assuming this means that they are putting the pad location in 10 with actual drilling and bottom hole in 3, leaving all umos out unless they decide to unitize or pool? I know I don't know a lot about this, but this is really confusing.
SS, units typically consist of only one section. So only mineral owners in Section 3 would paricipate in the Comstock well. Comstock (or another company) may also be planning to form a unit in Sec 10 and complete a separate well in that section.
Probably have section 3 100% leased being two timber companys comprise that unit. 10 will take some work being varied as it is.
Just to be clear on the concept:

You can put a drilling rig in section A and drill into section B. The well would only draw gas from section B.

The property owners in section B are the only ones who would get any revenue from the gas produced. In theory, none of the gas from section A is touched by the well.

The production company would have to have permission from the property owner in section A where the well sits, plus permission from anyone in section A whose land the well bore or pipeline passes under. Other property owners in section A don't get anything or have any say.

Section B would probably be pooled. No pooling or lease is needed for section A.

The reason they drill from one section to another is that you have more room to make the turn from vertical to horizontal and have a longer horizontal section in section B.

By the way, I got a notice on unitization, but two separate permits have been issued, and I never got a notification of the permit being issued.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service