I recently received a lease offer on some Shelby County land I hold the mineral rights to and was disappointed in the initial offer of $300/Acre and a 1/6 share. Has anyone heard of other offers that are better? It is in the Carson-Neva Survey area.

Views: 325

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jay. In general I agree with your CV volume comment. However, I respectfully suggest that you offer your opinion for a volume range for a "good" CV well or one or more examples by serial number so that those interested members can view a CV SONRIS well profile.
The Huckabay well in 1 (13N-9W), Red River Ph. was re-completed in the CV last year. That's a good well..... did a million a day for a while.

The fact is an IP of 600Mcf/day in the CV is considered a good well. See Exco wells in Holly Field, DeSoto Parish. Check out 24(14N-14W).

There are some people on this site that have gathered lots of information from available public sources and can fire this info out as if they actually know what they are talking about. However, before anybody makes a decision based on these recitations they need to understand that most of these folks have ABSOLUTELY NO EXPERIENCE in the E&P business and many of their pronouncements do not take into consideration a real world application of the “facts.”
The most recent Shreveport Times "Oil & Gas News" report under "Completions" lists 14 CV wells in Caddo, Bossier,Bienville, DeSoto and Webster parishes. The highest IP was 6.524 MMcfd and the lowest 742 Mcfd. The average slightly more than 2 MMcfd. The 6.524 MMcfd is an exceptional CV well (in Bienville by EOG) and IMO, skews the average. The other 13 averaged would be 1.754 MMcfd. That's just one week's average and not meant to be "typical". I would consider any well in excess of 1.5 mmcfd to be a "good" CV well. Anything over 2.5 mmcfd, a great CV well. 600 Mcfd I would consider to be in the range of average.
I have seen cotton valley wells make 20+ million a day, now that is a good CV well.
jay --some of your post are really good but I am a land/mineral owner in sections24-27-28 of 14-14 and have had several wells the first mo that did produce 4 million per day they were el paso and exco most of those wells were exco in section24 14 -14 which is a very good section to be in---by the way I just got my first haynesville in s24 and that no bs
Me too. Sections 24 & 25 (14N-14W). My family ownes 240 acres of minerals in 24 and 60 or so in 25. The Latin well in 24 was turned to sales last week...no reports of IP yet...crossing my fingers it is as good as the Oden Heirs well in 30(14N-13W) which came on @ 22+ Mmcf/day.

Simeon Horton, who is one of the best geologists in the NW Louisiana, mapped 24 and 25 for me several years ago and I will tell you that these two sections are right at the top of the Holly anticline, so, you would expect production from these sections to be "special"....:-)
jay --section 24 has been good to me I have full minerals on 80 acres in that section located close to the Latin well you must be south of hwy 5 I know most of the land owner on the north side of hwy 5
It's the old Scott place in the SW 24 and N/2 NW 25. My great grandmother Minnie C. Parham bought it in the 30's. We sold it in the 80's and reserved the minerals.

Dr. Hathorn owns it now.....lots of wells on it.

In the late 70' I bought leases in Section 24 for TXO Production. If you owned minerals then I probably bought a lease from you. The TXO leases expired and Winchester picked them up and ....it started looking up soon thereafter...:-)
yes I know the Parham place that Dr Hathorn owns now my place backs up to it --first well was put in the early 80's then shut in for about 15 years you may have been the landman I dont remember--small world
That well you mentioned was drilled by Pelto in the early 70's. It was a dry hole. Then frac technology came along and shhhhhazzzam.
J Bird, you are a hoot and I totally agree with your comments. A ole bud. T
Meant to say Shelby County bonus amounts, not royalty percentages, are all over the place.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service