Not that I consider him to be an expert, but his is a popular & nationally televised show.  Taken with a very             G R A N D E  grain of salt as his final suggestion is "Vodka."  lol, Oh, and please note one of his major corporate sponsors is Burger King.  js, (08

Views: 1511

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

People listen...they listened to Oprah for decades. 

When media giants become political and just go on rants about their positions it works to give audiences an opportunity to either embrace the position of those rants or to turn away from the actor or whatever.

There were people of all races and political positions that watched Oprah.  Then one day she just went too far over to the dark side for some of them.  The channel buttons started clicking her off.  It took nearly four years for her star to fall, but the permanent tarnish was in 2008 when she disregarded a big portion of her audience.

I would never allow a Streisand song into my house again.  And Hanoi Jane is one who's name I would like to never hear again.  Doesn't matter that I was against the war ..I was still a loyal American and had friends fighting in that cess pool.  Same with Oprah.  Same with Letterman. 

He will be retired from lower ratings before you can say Frack him.

That does not mean that I am immune to concerns about our environment.  I am very concerned about the blight on the Oak trees here in my area.  Some say its from a chemical from a plant near here.  I am concerned about other things as well. 

But good reliable reports are out that fraking is not causing the problems it has been associated with.

Another "in those days" moments..My father was a farmer.  He knew all the struggles one faced in bringing in a successful crop.  He lived in the day when they used DDT.  He listened to the arguments against it.  During those years he would mull it over.  He wanted to be sure that people were fed as well as eating safe food.  But he also knew that people were starving in the 30's and had to weigh that into any decisions he made.  He didn't use it. Stopped raising cotton because he believed the reports on the damage done to the soil.  He raised peanuts instead.

I want to have heat to warm my house in the winter.  I do not want people to freeze to death.  I do not believe that solar panels or wind mills will be the answer to providing them with fuel.

I know that coal and natural gas and oil will do that.

So until someone comes up with an answer to the problem of providing me with heat other then the fossil fuels I am going to mull the issue over.  And right now I am a pro frack member.

And the info I use to do that will not come from some celebrity on the tube.

I am happy to see there are still some people with common sense out there. We all like a pristine environment, but, we also want to eat regular meals and would like to not freeze to death in the winter or walk to work.  These "wants" are what has given us the life of luxury we live today compared to our forefathers. Hard work,investment and exploitation of our natural resources is the only way to continue to have what we want. The problem is now days many people don't realize what is required since they weren't around when those things were hard to come by. Do they realize that if chemicals were banned, like fertilizer and insecticides and herbicides, the World would starve to death in about a year. There is not enough manure in the World to organically produce enough food to feed everyone - unless of course we could utilize the bullshit produced in Washington D.C. and in the daily liberal media.

I really wish all those people like Letterman who apparently hate fracking, detest oil and gas extraction and despise those greedy oil and gas companies would do their part to reduce the demand for fossil fuels by walking everywhere they go, turning of their lights, heat and AC and whatever else they could do to walk-their-talk. The truth is they consume just as much as the next guy but some how don't mind criticizing their fuel with their mouth full. Hypocrisy at its finest.

You are so right.  Well said.

Our power here in EF just came back on after 3 hours being off..I would have burned wood if that would have cooled me off.

He is nuts,, drinking water is 300 feet deep and fracking is 3 miles deep,, these brain dead people are worthless, I never watch his stupid show,, if you think you are an evironmentalist, go to brazil where shell oil is using natural gas , to fire sugar cane , to make ethonal, and then ship it to the US , to put in our gasoline at $6 gallon. Go protest there. The US taxpayer under Obama is paying them to produce natural gas in brazil..

lol,, David Letterman is dumber than his viewers,, real Americans are not that stupid

The left coast does that to most performers....

You have to realize that all that stuff never gets reported..

I have been in a lot of places around the world and I chose to settle for old age in East Texas.   This country is best all around.

Yes, I miss eating and drinking my coffee in real dishes...and getting fresh butter every morning as in Italy.  I miss the great woolens you can buy in Scotland and England, but hands down..I wanted to come home after a few weeks in any of those places..and HOME to me was East Texas USA.

But we don't hear about the things that go on in those places.. these people are as bad as the ones who insisted that the world was flat and killed anyone who disagreed with them.

Well a few more hours without power and a/c today would have killed me. 

Times may change but human nature remains the same.

Letterman is an unabashed and uninformed liberal.  His unrelenting personal attacks on Sarah Palin and her daughter were classless, and it has gotten to the point where I can't watch his program anymore.  My, every night is an attack on Mitt Romney; no balance, no fairness, just nonsense.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service