Is anyone else getting unusually high deductions from your royalty checks from Haynesville shale wells?

My most recent royalty payment from Petrohawk has deducted 23% of Gross Owner Value for Transportation, Treating and Gathering costs. When Petrohawk started paying last year, deductions averaged 15% and they've been climbing since. The Lease is not specify on deductions with a general "boilerplate" clause regarding business expenses.

Most of my other payments have no deductions (other than Severance Tax) and 2 other payers deduct less than 3% for similar charges.

What's your experience?

Thanks in advance,

Diane

Tags: Deductions, Royalties

Views: 3668

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lots of leases in Desoto Parish Louisiana, including mine should never been signed.. but at the time not many leases were offered.  the Brooker "JW" in Shreverport, La was well aware this was going to happen.   On one of my leases his employee lied and relied to me.  they already had lease that was running out.  threathened to drill a well before lease was out if i did not sign for the amount offered. Most of the land owners did, but i did not.  should be intent to fruad, but try to get past a Louisiana Judge with this---Just about impossible, of course it not hard to figure out why. I lived in Louisiana for many years.

i did too born and lived in many for over 40 years finally got tired of it a moved north central arkansas love it here best move i ever made

I wonder if CHK will sell to Global the same way they sold to their sister company Midstream. I also have another question someone. My lease calls for me to be paid at the well head. It that the same as cost free? If you are being charged for production cost, can they be deducted as an expense to your taxes? One last question, on Sonris you can find out if your well was exempted from severance tax. Most were. If the company is exempt then why are they charging you?

Cheaspeake takes out expenses out of your income. they hide it. they are the ones taking the deductions instead of the land owner that should have the deductions. It took me about four months to get them to admit they were taking expenses out of my income. One employee slipped up, more than likely got fired, and sent me a copy of the expenses held out of my gas income before i get anything. I ask by email and phone five or six times for two more months copies. Was promised by phone and email that they would send them. Never got them. called by phone, got a very rude employe. She said they were not required to furnish copies and they would not furnish them, very, very rudely.  Almost all converstion or email to them , you get lie after lie. not the employees fault. they have to lie to hold job. Cheaspeake always pays prices way below other companies. I was told by an employee who montors face book for Cheaspeake that july prices would be $2.71. not true, just over a dollar and one well has not paid off in two month and acccording sonris lite it is making a small amount of gas. that well has paid me one check in 2012. i don't know about the other companies but i can assure you, unless you have well head prices, and if you do, you need to check it, that Chesapeake is withholding expense. The lawyer tells me that they hold out about 20 percent more than other companies. And yes they have some one working for Chesapeake that montiors these post.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service