Dispute with Chesapeak on acerage in Division Order

Has anyone else had issue with the Division Order presented by Chesapeake declaring incorrect (under) acreage? Have spent one month so far trying to get them to correct their error with no success. I suspect there may be others with a similar issue and am seeking advice on how to get the issue resolved.
(This topic is also listed under the Desoto Parish discussion)

Regards,
Gary

Views: 1360

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jack Blake is glad to see you have your issues resolved with CHK. Sounds to me like Katie McCullen is doing a great job for CHK / mineral owner relations. I have not heard of an issue that she did not direct folks to the right people.
Jack will one day get royalties from CHK. The well was drilled by SWEPI and now waiting on a P/L. Jack is leased to CHK.
From what Jack learned on GHS his checks will come from CHK. We do not have the division order yet. From what jack hears the D.O. usuially comes within a couple months of them putting the well on line.
Long live royalty checks from Cheseapeake cried Jack Blake
bump
I agree with Jack, .... hats off to Henry, GHS, and all the others who are willing to share their experiences on this website.
I have tried to get my 1.4 net arce for 3mts. Also short in 2 other sections. Plus my gas prices are lower from CHK in the same section as another check that I get from CHK in the same section. Both leased by CHK.
Larry,
If you are getting royalty checks, I ask that you participate in my discussion about "What Price Are You Getting For Gas?" I am collecting data, to see if there are any differences in payments among locations, operators, etc. Could you please read the discussion, and send me your data? Thanks.
Henry:
I would like to participate in your discussion, but must be too stupid to find it. A search for "What Price Are You Getting For Gas?" turns up "w.r. frank
"There is a discussion on this site entitled "What Price Are You Getting for Your Gas…"", but not your discussion. Can you give me info to allow me to navigate to the proper site/discussion? Our gas prices paid by CHK seem significantly lower than our gas prices paid by Marathon, so am very interested in insuring CHK is playing nice.

Regards,
Gary

Nevermind! I found the discussion!
Hey Everybody,

Just wanted to let you know that I received my corrected Division Order from Chesapeake this week, and looks like everything is correct. I'm hoping to get it back to them by/before the 20th of this month so I should start receiving royalty payments the first of November. ....... Wish me luck guy!

Linda
Linda:

Good luck. But don't hold your breath for getting your payments squared away just yet. We just had a similar situation, where we discovered our new D.O. had an error in the payment decimal, that we got them to correct, then we sent back in (FAXed and mailed) prior to the deadline, but the subsequent payment had not been corrected. I plan to contact CHK next week to try to get an estimate on when they expect to correct the actual payments. We now have two properties like this, neither of which have yet resulted in corrected payments, but both were acknowledged by CHK to be their error. I think they will eventually get the payments corrected. (I'm guessing that they are just very slow to correct their payments)
My new task now will also include pursuing they correct their Gas Price, as they seem to be failing to provide us the "cost free" pricing called for in our lease. Thanks to Henry for disclosing the prices so It is more clear CHK is also in error there also. All errors thus far are in their favor (wrong acreage, wrong payment decimal, and wrong Gas prices).

Regards,
Gary
Thanks for the warning Gary. I'll be sure to check "everything" from now on.

Linda
Linda:

(our "corrected" D.O. seems to have an error I somehow missed which thru me off :-( ). The pymt we received After the changed D.O. (this was also first check from this well) DID contain the results of the changed D.O.!

Sorry for the bad info.
Regards
Gary
No problem Gary. We just need to "eyeball" everything to make sure it's right. .... Congrats on getting your first check from that well. Hopefully, mine will be arriving soon.
Gary,

good luck on getting a "cost free " price from CHK. They sell their gas to their subsidiary. This sale is technichally free of deductions. The price is discounted however.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service