Does anyone know of any drilling activity in Union Parish, particularly from Farmerville west to the Claiborne line.  I've heard some "talk" of wells to be drilled but nothing confirmed.  Any info would be appreciated.

Views: 6522

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the information. First I've heard of this well. That makes the Roberson well, Claiborne well, Ora, Lillie SW, and now a Bernice well from SWN.

The well to be drilled 3 or 4 miles North of Bernice is to be listed as "Lillie SW."   Runs from Corney Creek south to almost Bernice City Limits.

Didn't realize that Robert. Thanks. That means there will be two wells drilled in Lillie SW soon as there has been a recent hearing for a SW Lillie field unit by SWN in Claiborne parish. Was there a date for the hearing Robert?

Just for clarity, you are saying that the lateral will be ran south towards Bernice? I have heard speculation of this well for a while now (somewhere around graftons crossing for those familiar with the area) and is of great interest to me and my family as we have land in the sections north and south of these....hoping for a productive well!

North LA, do you know the status of the SWN (James?) well that was to be drilled about 6 miles north of Junction City in  S1 T19S R16W of Union County, AR?

I don't know obed. Sorry.

skip:  thank you for that link but it appears to be the other Lillie SW well that is nearing or has just recently had a hearing.  My question was for the well that Robert was referencing in his post when he said "Southwestern has sent notices of proposal to landowners in sec. 22 & 27 22N R3W to drill 1280 acres".  Robert, in a previous post I questioned whether the lateral would be going north or south, as all of the other laterals have been going north, but it appeared that you were saying that this one would be going south.  Upon reading your post again I believe you were just laying out the boundary of the two sections.  I talked to my father and he said that he knows some land owners in this section and the proposed wellsite is on the south side of the sections.  This would remain constant with a north lateral.

is this the Southwestern Energy well that will be drilled in sections 30 and 31 of T22N R1W in the Ora field? I think the LA Office of Conservation had a hearing around Nov. 9 on this proposed 1280-acre unit and I feel sure they approved it, but so far I haven't seen official word that a permit has been granted. Southwestern seems to be referring to this well as their 3rd well to be drilled, after the Atlanta, AR, Roberson well and the Claiborne Parish, LA, Garrett well.

The unit application for the Ora Field was granted.  There is currently no well permit.

http://ucmwww.dnr.state.la.us/ucmsearch/UCMRedir.aspx?url=http%3a%2...

Thanks for the information.  I assume it will not be long before a permit will be granted. 

Now that the rig has moved to and spud the L SMK RA SUA; GARRET 7-23-5H #1, we should see the permit in the next thirty days.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service