Anyone know how far east the Tuscaloosa has been found?  I would be curious to know if anyone believes it runs into Pearl River county.  Thanks. 

Views: 298

Replies to This Discussion

Best guess is yes, but maybe not the northern part.

Maybe a geologist will respond.

As a layman who has read a bunch on the topic, the "high resistivity" or target portion of the TMS does not go that far east.  That said, the consultant hired by the counties in Southwest Mississippi spoke last week and said she expected drilling outside of that target area.  So, there is still hope.

It is interesting to compare the original study on the TMS from LSU to the information being reported by oil companies today.  The LSU study reported an estimated 16% recovery of oil while the oil companies are estimating a 6% recovery.  The oil companies seem to be estimating a higher amount of oil in place, so it should work out to about the same amount of production.  The point is that they continue to learn more and more about this formation and how to produce it.  It could turn out that the most productive portion of the TMS is down around Mobile.  Nobody really knows.

Supposedly it goes all the way to Alabama, I hear that its been drilled north of Mobile and the shale name comes from where it protrudes to the surface in Tuscaloosa.

There are wells in Pearl River County producing 200-2000 barrels per month from the Tuscaloosa sands at around 8600' vertically.  I would love to see the shale lie below the sands.  I wonder if there are any old well logs which may have drilled through the shale while wildcatting in this area?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service