Trinidad Drilling Rig #124 reports "Moving On" the ECA Lawson 25H #1, Section 25 - 1N - 5E, 12/6/13.

Views: 10769

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Bernell,

He's referring to Two Dogs, Pirate. Anything heavier than Propane would be condensed out.

Brenell,

Ethane is lighter than Propane. So I'm not sure it can be with the equipment on site. We are really getting technical here.

rasp, I was referring to a gas pipeline..  You can't flow the liquids without flowing the gas.  And the state prefers that the gas go into a pipeline as opposed to being flared.  Of course the state will allow a limited period to flare under set conditions.

joe, i don't want to seem to nit-picking but more correctly with a cryogenic plant aka turbo-expansion plant the gas stream's temperature is reduced only to the point where the molecules heavier than methane fall out by liquification. the methane goes through the plant as a gas, albeit a much colder one than entered the plant.

it's an lng plant that lowers the gas stream temperature to the point where the methane liquefies. the cost of a gas liquification plant is orders of magnitude greater than the cost of a cryogenic facility.

i've seen you mention before that someone's building a plant in the st. francisville area. do you know who's plant it will be? it also sounds to me like they're building a fractionation facility in addition to the processing plant. with a large processing plant it's output, an admixture of the stripped ngls, known as "raw-make" is usually sent to the frac facility via a dedicated raw-make pl.

thanks,

jim

Jim,

I'll find out who is doing it this week. Thank for the input.

joe,

i thank you, sir.

jim

Sorry I haven't kept y'all up-to-date...too much going on for my brain to keep up.

The frackers arrived a bit early and, I'm told, actually began fracking late Sunday or early Monday.

I haven't confirmed this with the landowner, but folks who live near there assure me the fracking is occurring and are smiling as they make the assurances...some mineral owners that live in the unit and drive past the well on the way to work.

Though a short lateral, there is still an expectation for a good well here....false hopes?  We shall see.

Fracking underway on 14Feb14.

Attachments:

Cute

bernell, td, p is two dogs, pirate. he posts on this board and earlier today he gave an answer to your earlier question

to answer your two questions:1) a j-t unit is a field scale solution to extracting ngls. usually, those liquids in such a situation are tendered to a well site bullet tank where they're stored until a pressure tanker can come and offload the liquids to the truck. those liquids are then trucked to a full sized gas plant for further handling.

2) in the context i used "c" it means a/one carbon atom. "C" is the standard abbreviation for the element carbon, just as "O" is the abbreviation for the element oxygen.

did you read my post in this thread of about 37 minutes ago?

jim

Yes, I read it and thank you for your time spent with a layman.

One final question, did you write that ethane could not be removed using the equipment you saw in the picture?

This is a response to Joe.

Joe,

You are now confusing me more.

Jim suggested that ethane and methane could not be removed with what he observed in the picture.

You just wrote that anything heavier than propane could be removed...so, now, are you saying that methane, ethane AND propane cannot be removed? 

Without miscommunication, I'm not sure communication would exist at all!  LOL

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service