Here is the well Encana has been drilling in Red River Parrish for about 5 months now, and the SC has finally released the potential. Seem like the well might be just marginal, but I believe this is the well tha Encana test the Mid Bossier variation in the shale and also did not stimulate all the potentional frac zones they could have. Well flow rates are OK and it seem like there is adequate pressure in the casing to produce. 11/64 seems like a pretty tight choke on the output. Limiting the output possibily.

Encana is also is process of drilling a second well in this unit that is already near TD already.

Must have a good idea these wells are going to do fine to chunk the money at them so close to each of other to get the drilled.

Your thoughts??

Well Serial Number 238108 Sec 16, T 13N, R 09W Red River Parish
03/31/2009 10 15396 COMPLETED 12-29-08; GAS; JURASSIC RB; 4252 MCFD; 11/64 CHOKE; 7200# CP; PERFS 12,065-15,291' MD; 11,741-11,813' TVD

Views: 98

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It sure would have been interesting to have seen what the Middle Bossier Shale in Section 16 would have done with a 4600' lateral and a 12 stage frac. We'll know eventually.
Mark, actually it appears the H2 Well is being north from the surface location similar to the other Haynesville Shale wells while the original H1 Well was drilled northwest from the same surface location. I can post the well permits if you are interested. This northwest orientation of the original well is completely different than most other HS horizontal wells and may have been another sign of EnCana targetting the Mid-Bossier Shale with the well.

It is too early to know if EnCana may be planning 16 combined wells in a section. The Mid-Bossier could be planned for much later development or EnCana could drill a couple of wells in each initially and then add wells as production declines to maintain the field rate at plateau based on facility and pipeline capacity.
Not to flagellate the deceased equine here but....I watched Greysands thread for a while and never saw the conclusions. So the Bossier is between the the CV and HA, generally in RR Parish? And the Hosston is above the CV? Sorry to get OT.
Bacon, in Louisiana terminology yes the Bossier Shale is immediately above the Haynesville Shale and generally has less porosity (Page 8 of EnCana's Feb 24th presentation . In Texas the Haynesville Shale is just seen as the lower portion of the Bossier Shale. I don't think anyone has a real conclusive view of the extent or outline but you can see Petrohawk's initial indication on the attached map (note the green oblong shape between Texas & Red River Parish).
Attachments:
Jim, how can you tell Messenger is a vertical Bossier Shale instead of a vertical HA. well. Sonris says Messenger has perfs from 13,346' t0 13,387'. Sort of deep for HA. and for Bossier (which is above HA). See Murray, which is HA at 11,920 to 12,845. Also, Nabors Logan 34, which began curve at 12,279'. These are three most southern wells. I know HA. deepens as you go SE, but that seems awful deep for Bossier Shale?

Do you have some logs?
Thanks Jim. Messenger sure drops off in production rapidly. From 96 mmcf in 22 days in September to 17 mmcf in 31 days of January.

Any theories? At DUG last week, the COO of HK said HA. gets deeper to SE, temperature and pressure go up, and porosity goes down. Also, since Messenger was vertical, perhaps will know more after another well is drilled this far SE.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service