Any thoughts on the estimated recoverable reserves in the core area????

Views: 301

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Encana 11-2008

175 - 225 BCF/per section. Gas in Place.
Parker, thanks for the information. Where did you find these EnCana numbers?
PAGE 9
What do you think of it?

Isn't Encana usually conservative?
Jay,

If they are correct, could it be that the Petrohawk map would be a better "guesstimate" of the "sweet spot"?
Parker, thanks for the link. I had that presentation and just didn't plug the values in my company spreadsheet.
By the way, the total leased area is about 3 million acres and the "unitized" area to date in Louisiana alone is about 800 square miles.
Les,

I guess my main question is about my perception of the maps.

Chesapeake's map "seems" to represent the "sweet spot" as the area where South Caddo and North DeSoto meet at the Texas border.

Petrohawk's map "seems" to represent the "sweet spot" as being farther east in the Southern part of Bossier Parish and Northerern Red River.
Parker, I wouldn't be too concerned with the "sweet spot" as production rates and reserves per well are heavily influenced by the drilling and completion technology applied. Also, there is the Bossier Shale potential that may be more prevalent in Texas.

I believe individual company maps are will promote areas where they have good acreage positions. Eventually you will see excellent production rates all over the "blobs".
Scott, in case you are interested the following is my estimate of Haynesville Core area (square miles) by parish/county from the Chesapeake blob map. It totals slightly more than Chesapeake's 3.5 million acres.

Louisiana
DeSoto 877.3
Red River 388.6
Caddo 661.6
Bossier 419.3
Bienville 202.7
Sabine 259.6
Natchitoches 213.6
Sub-Total 3,022.6

Texas
Harrison 899.0
Panola 664.8
Shelby 635.2
Gregg 109.6
Rusk 231.0
San Augustine 79.2
Sub-Total 2,618.8

The total for both states is 5,641.4 square miles.
Les,

Does your estimate of the CORE match closer to Chesapeake's representation or Petrohawks, or does it encompass both?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service