Did anyone else hear the newscast this morning on KTAL that Exxon is purchasing Chesapeake?

I will check the KTAL website and see if I can find the transcript and post it here.

Views: 203

Replies to This Discussion

I heard that BP was making a bid for chk from a Haliburton rep about 2 wks ago but nothing else.
Maybe both are bidding.
Keith,

Yes, the reporter stated it was Exxon. From what the guy at KTAL just told me about the number of telephone calls they have received this morning, that report has gotten a lot of attention.
Insomniacnla,
Did they confirm the report ? I dare say they would have a lot of interest in this story. It's BIG news ! Don't they realize that?
He confirmed that the news report aired but said that he was checking their source for the story to see if the report is accurate and true. I will call him back later to see what KTAL comes up with. The telephone number to KTAL is (318) 629-6000 and the person I am speaking with is "Billy".
Thanks Insomniacnla. Waiting with anxious anticipation for their response. I truly hope it's all B...ug S....plat and Chesapeake doesn't sell out.
That link didn't work.

I can find nothing out there to back-up this rumor.
Got it to work that time.

I'd say BP is a possibility considering the recent acquisitions they've made in other shale plays.
Just shot an email off to two my friends at XOM and BP. I'll see what they know, if anything.
BP jumps; traders cite talk of bid for Chesapeake
Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:10pm GMT Email | Print | Share| Single Page[-] Text [+]
Market News
STOCKS NEWS US-Crude oil up on Wall St strength, OPEC cuts
STOCKS NEWS US-Next 2 weeks key for volatility players-Goldman
European shares jump as Barclays surges 73 pct
More Business & Investing News... LONDON, Jan 26 (Reuters) - Shares in British energy group BP (BP.L) rose more than 3 percent on Monday as traders cited market talk that the company was planning a bid for U.S.-listed group Chesapeake Energy (CHK.N).

"We never comment on market rumours," said a BP spokesman, pointing out that Chesapeake was already BP's partner.

At 1506 GMT, BP shares were up 3.4 percent at 504 pence, while Chesapeake was 5.5 percent higher at $15.71.

(Additional reporting by Victoria Bryan)

(Reporting by Sitaraman Shankar and Atul Prakash)
Here are the news items I found on Google search:

BP jumps; traders cite talk of bid for Chesapeake
Reuters - 2 hours ago
LONDON, Jan 26 (Reuters) - Shares in British energy group BP (BP.L) rose more than 3 percent on Monday as traders cited market talk that the company was ...
BP moves higher on market talk of possible Chesapeake bid
guardian.co.uk, UK - 3 hours ago
A buoyant stock market tends to bring out the rumours, and this afternoon is no exception. BP is 17.5p higher at 505p after traders heard tell it might be ...
Options Update: Chesapeake Energy Calls Popular on BP Buyout ...
Schaeffers Research, OH - 25 minutes ago
by Joseph Hargett (jhargett@sir-inc.com) 1/26/2009 1:15 PM Speculation is swirling around Chesapeake Energy (CHK: sentiment, chart, options) and British oil ..www.schaeffersresearch.com/commentary/content/options+update+chesap...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service