FRIENDS TALKING WITH FRIENDS NO OIL, GAS OR POLITICS SPOKEN HERE

We just need a blog where friends can meet and talk about anything under the sun.
Except OIL, GAS or POLITICS

Views: 152

Replies to This Discussion

Cat,

I don't think I could have said it better. Thanks for sharing that with us Rosebud.
I have a very nice yard, and I haven't had to guts to till it up yet. But if all goes well in the pots, and it's still not enough veggies. Look out San Augustine!!
Jim,
That's good to hear the my San Augustine will come back. I have to plant a garden now, I might as well start this weekend. I could use the wheel barrows, but I don't need the hoe. My next store neighbor raises Papillion's, there worth about $800 a piece. that would be a pretty good swap.
Ms. Rosebud,
That is a great story.
Rosebud,

What a beautiful story. I bet your family and friends have never tasted food grown with such love.
Gardening--A great topic. We just planted ours, big boy tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, and purple hull peas. I plan to plant some pumpkins in mid-summer, that's a funny lesson I learned the hard way--do NOT plant pumpkins in the spring or they get ready too early. No one cares about pumpkins in July!
My mom grows some every year, but she still misses "creole" tomatoes from New Orleans. I buy them every year when 4H sells them, but if anyone knows what variety has a similar taste, please let me know.
I don't know if it works for squirrels, probably not but I've heard you can hang red Christmas ornaments in the plants to discourage birds. They supposedly leave them alone after a few pecks on those hard ornaments. Never tried it, but it's an interesting idea.
A couple of cats will solve your bird problems, they keep the snakes out too.
Cats.
Cats do keep the tree rats of the yard. That I do know.
They don't do nothing but pee on my gas grill.
Nothing smells worse than pee hitting a hot grill. PeeeeeeWhhhhhhhhhheeeeew

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service