General questions about San Augustine O&G activity welcome here.

Views: 546

Replies to This Discussion

Looks like your post applies to partial mineral interest owners in a tract where part of the tract has been leased and included in a pool. Don;t think that applies to owners of 100% minerals in a tract.
5th Gen Texan:

You are absolutely correct, my post only deals with tracts where the operator owns and controls at least a portion of the leasehold.

I would be unable to pool tracts where the unleased mineral owner controls 100% of the minerals, since I would have nothing to pool...I think this situation more closely resembles the Finley case as posted here by Cheerleader. Furthermore, if I drilled through a tract where I had no leasehold, that would be mineral trespass...and then I would be in big trouble.

ogmladvisor
Jerry, you are "THE MAN" !!!! Congratulations & the best of luck with whomever you partnered with....
As Mr. Smith invokes the limitations of a binding confidentiality agreement, he will obviously not be answering the many questions other members may have. And his veracity is the option of all members to decide for themselves. It does not further the discussion of this topic to call him names. I find his assertion as to the terms of his lease within the realm of possibility if certain conditions exist. Location and size of mineral tract, added value for surface use, a key land component for a particular operator, lessee's lease rights other than the few mentioned, etc. could combine to make the lease terms Mr. Smith has divulged possible. What Mr. Smith's lease does represent in my opinion is an out of the ordinary set of circumstances and not a bench mark for mineral estates not sharing the same attributes.
Well said.
I agree with Skip. Location, Location, Location!! But, areas of San Augustine have definitely "arrived".
No one's spelling is perfect, particularly mine, but.....
Webster's New Pocket Dictionary defines "lair" as n. animal's den.
There is much more to mineral valuation than location alone.
Skip,
I agree again!!!
Glad you think he is a lair...instead of a liar. That doesn't sound as bad.....ease up j.
J.
Many a billionaire did not graduate from high school or college.
Maybe he took our advise and retained counsel.
What the hell is this, spelling class?
Give me an M...Give me an O...Give me a T....Give me an H...Give me an E...Give me an R.....Give me an L...Give me an O...Give me an A.....Give me a D...
What does it spell???????

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service