Haynesville Shale: What's changed for you since the evolving of this play?

I am putting togther a compilation of stories from this play. It obviously has changed all of our lives to a certain degree. I'd like to get a chronicle of these stories. If you'd like to share your story, email it to admin@gohaynesvilleshale.com. I'm looking for the good, the bad and even the ugly.

Tags: Haynesville, Shale:, What's, changed, evolving, for, of, play?, since, the, More…this, you

Views: 160

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love this story Patricia...that says it all. Most people don't stand to make a fortune, but they are using the money for things that are simple and useful. I especially like to idea that children can pay off loans and continue with their education. Well said!
I think the money just helps many breathe a bit easier. I am always less anxious with a "cushion" to fall back on. My extra 2 cents. grin
Jack Blake did not get rich with the lease bonus but he no longer has any car notes. Jack still works and everything, but there is no longer stress associated with finances because we have so few bills now.
Jack was more than aggreeable to using some of the lease bonus to get his wife a nice set of "Haynesville Hooters". Jack would recommend that if you have HS money and your wife would like a honking set of tatas or a little lipo go ahead and do it. You will both appreciate it.
Currently waiting on the well to be drilled and completed. Maybe Jack will be able to pay off his house and have zero long term debt.
LONG LIVE THE HAYNESVILLE SHALE WAS THE RALLYING CRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Copyright that Jack!!! Coffee just came out my nose!!!!
bought 43 acres near bistineau early 80's while a young driller working offshore. had big plans to build house on it. oilfield went bust in 85 and 86, thousands of us along with it. house never got built. tried to sell land but wife would not let me. used only for hunting, have provided many deer for myself, children and now my grandchildren. good lord blessed us and we leased to HK for near top of bonus amount. we were financially ok before but now, future holds no financial fear. Bought 20 more acres down the road-building an RV park for the oilfield hands / fishermen and hunters.

will always work in the oilfield and will work somewhere no matter how much in the bank, but we have been truly blessed by the HS.

LT
Other then the disppointment of not receaving the 120,000 dollars after signing a lease agreement with Cheasepeake, I've developed a new sense of patience while waiting for Chesepeake to pay us royalties from a well that has been in prodution for 6 months now!
Our story is not one of rags to riches because we signed in 2006 before the big lease boom. My lease money was just enough to buy a big screen tv which my daughter threw the control of a nintedo wi through the screen a year later. Now the positives. Half of my 1 mile dirt road is now maintained by operator. Thats it! I also get my mailbox money. At one time I thought that it would be a life changing event but it hasn't turned out that way for us. I guess it still could but I just don't see Chesapeake developing their sections fully for a long, long time. I suspect my daughters will benefit much more than the wife and I and that is a blessing too. I am very happy for all the people that it has been life changing for but it is still hard sometimes to not be a little bitter about the bad timing for us. Being close to retirement, a large lease bonus would have been life changing.
Bob, do not quit dreaming about the day your ship comes in - the dreams are half the fun. Yes, it has been a life changing event for some people but the changes have not always been for the good. Families have broken up, friendships ended, and some children will never have the satisfaction of achieving success for themselves. Yes, financial security would bring peace of mind but if it were a trade off for your other blessings (family, health & happiness) would you take the trade? I hope you have it all one day! (I hope to get leased one day too - LOL -still dreaming!!!!)
From the "Be Careful What You Wish For" file, let's hope that none of us end up going the route of these folks:

Top 10 Unlucky Lotto Winners:

www.top-10-list.org/2009/04/02/top-10-lottery-unlucky-stories/

Although I think that the case of Jack Whitacker, whose $300+ million Powerball win ended up turning into a nightmare, should have been the #1 spot on the list....

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/powerball-winner-cursed/story?id=3012631...
D. Gaar, These stories are a real eye opener - The story of Jack Whitacker was so sad - here was a man trying to do good for churches, charities, friends and families and lost everthing dear to him. The big question is what and how much do you do for people and the hardest part would be saying NO! I would love to read stories about thoes winners that did well - and how they managed the situation. I will never have even close to that much money but sometimes it doesn't take much to change lives and values. We need a thread on this subject - maybe "People Who Will Want Your Money & How To Say No"
GoshDarn - Thanks, I will get the book and your reply is appreciated - reminded me of another good book I read "Pulling Your Own Strings" (Author Unknown)Teaching assertiveness without aggressiveness as recommended to me by a patient when I first started nursing - she kept her door open and listened to all that was going on at the nurses station - she asked me to come to her room because she felt like the other nurses were "giving me the runaround" LOL I bought the book, I think I will pull it out, blow off the dust and read it again.
Just an old bell cowl!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service