Horizontal well now proposed for state line area in Claiborne Parish

As reported this week by The Haynesville News and reported independently by North LA at another discussion group on GHS, T. S. Dudley Land Co is proposing a 1045-acre drillimg and production unit consisting of Sections 6 and 7 of T23N R5W of Claiborne Parish.

A legal notice in The Haynesville News says the well will have a likely measured depth of greater than 17,000 feet so it is almost certainly a horizontal well and the shape of the unit indicates the horizontal leg will be in a north-south direction, as seems to be usual for such wells. The hearing before the LA Department of Natural Resources is scheduled for August 9.

Views: 11806

Replies to This Discussion

Jackie, Justiss #20 is a rig and it no longer appears in the weekly rig report drilling for AIX.  It completed the vertical well and left for it's next drilling job.  Is the well you are interested in the E Crump Estate #1?

yes it is

Here's my last entry for the AIX E Crump Est #1:  19 DAYS DRLG @ 11,316' 1/20/12

It's likely that the well reached Total Depth and the rig left between this report and the next one where it is no longer listed on 1/27/12.  These reports are generated with the input of the drilling contractor so once drilling is complete there is an information vacuum.  Completion service companies do not generate similar reports.

Thanks. I am interested in that the well site is just south of my land in sections 4 and 5 of TWN 23N 7W.

Make the Merrit et al. #1 8 miles west  and slightly south of the Garrett 7-23-5 H well.

And thanks, Skip, for the drilling update. The intense drilling of 12500-ft wells is still a mystery to me. Are you saying this drilling is an effort to prevent the leases from expiring?

obed, I'm saying that there would be no need to drill this many wells in such a limited area to test the LSBD.  One, or at most two, would be sufficient.  And the AIX wells are not cased for later re-completion as horizontal wells.  The transfer from Live Oak to AIX and the litigation are likely behind this activity in some way.   You could explore the nature of the lawsuit to get more information.  There isn't enough information currently to make a guess as to the specifics. 

It just occurred to me that this drilling would interrupt prescription and reset the clock for a mineral owner who was not a surface owner. Maybe such an owner has made a deal with AIX to do the drilling. Just a thought.

obed, it appears to me that the perfs in the Hardin #1 are not of sufficient depth to indicate completion in the Lower Smackover. Neither is the vertical penetration deep enough to reach the Lower Smackover interval based upon the formation depths in the report.  The top of the upper most SMK is at 10,420'.  The Hardin #2 is probably the well to watch.

http://ucmwww.dnr.state.la.us/ucmsearch/UCMRedir.aspx?url=http%3a%2...

http://ucmwww.dnr.state.la.us/ucmsearch/UCMRedir.aspx?url=http%3a%2...

Thanks for the completion report on the Hardin #1, Skip. I had not seen this before, but this agrees with what you and I had speculated before on the Brown Dense discussion group, that this well would probably be an Upper Smackover completion.

Do you have any report on the drilling progress of the Camp et al #1 and/or #2?

The SONRIS Lite Well File for the Hardin #1 does not show the completion but it does show the well test.  That's the clue to look in SONRIS Classic for further information.  The Camp Etal #1 was drilling ahead at 12, 180' last Friday.  Baring some problem the well probably TD'ed last weekend or early this week.  This Friday's report will likely show the rig spud on the Camp Etal #2. 

Steve Mueller of SWN just announced at the Credit Suisse analyst conference that they have now completed their 6700-ft lateral in the Garrett Lick Creek well and will start the fracking operation soon.

He also said the Roberson well near Atlanta, AR, had no water problems and went on production at noon today, and that they would know soon what kind of production it yields after cleanup. He said he would be excited to see 100 barrels per day and that this could be increased by tweaking to 400-500 barrels per day. Hopefully, these numbers are on the low side, as he probably wants to leave room for pleasant surprises.

Thanks, obed.  This is a good time to remind everyone that one good well doesn't make a play just as one bad well doesn't kill it.  At least we are finally close to seeing some initial production.  Since the L SMK RA SUA; GARRET 7-23-5H #1 well has TD'ed hopefully we will see the DESOTO DRILLING #20 assigned or rigging up on the L SMK RA SUA; BML PROP 31-22-1H #1 well in Union Parish on this week's rig report.  Then some new permits in AR and LA.  And then another rig added to the development.  By month's end we may have some corporate announcements from the other LSBD operators.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service