T. Boone Gets Ready For His Million-Megawatt March
By Chris Vogel in Cover Story, Environment, Political AnimalsTuesday, Mar. 31 2009 @ 2:16PM
General T. Boone Pickens is invading Washington, D.C. tomorrow. Well, virtually.

Members of his New Energy Army, numbering somewhere between 1.5 and 3 million strong, are planning to bombard Congress with emails and phone calls urging lawmakers to pass legislation favorable to Pickens' plan to use less foreign oil and more wind power and natural gas. The three day campaign on Capitol Hill will last through Friday and Pickens' troops are getting keyed up.

"It's going to be a lot of fun to see what happens over the next few days," says Jordan Birden, the Pickens' army representative at Texas A&M who grew up just north of Houston.

Birden tells Hair Balls he's been contacting hundreds of people over social networking websites for the past few weeks urging them to take action this week. As for his part, Birden says not only will he email Texas senators Kay Bailey Hutchison and John Cornyn, but he will also call their offices in Washington, D.C.

"I was sitting there thinking about this the other day," he says, "and if these senate offices all of a sudden get 50,000 or more phone calls in one day, they're not going to know what to do with themselves."

Which is exactly the point. Pickens and numerous corporate sponsors for the event, including American Electric Power, the American Wind Energy Association and Chesapeake Energy, all have a stake in making sure lawmakers give a helping hand to wind energy and natural gas. Pickens himself will reportedly be in Washington lobbying as well.

The event has been in the works for about a month. Birden says the anticipation is killing him.

"There's been so much build-up," he says. "An tomorrow, once the bombs drop, it's going to be kinda fun to sit there and watch."

Get her done!

Buck

Views: 116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dorcheated,

Some of us rarely read the political discussions.

It gets annoying when they become a part of EVERY discussion.

I belong to the "Salad Bar" Political party. Some of this and a little of that.

When it has to be EITHER left or right, the rest of us get left out. I believe there are more people like myself than the hard left and the hard right.

I like to read ideas and information from BOTH sides.

What I don't like to read is a million different ways of people saying you are LEFT and you are RIGHT.
Parker,

Thanks for the read on the politics, I find it annoying too, especially since you direct your comments at me and not Jim. I guess because Jim is your close friend you, absolve him of wrong doing in your mind, certainly you wouldn't direct those comments at Jim he's your friend and confidant, that gig might work on other people, but I'm not other people.

But Parker, just to give you the benefit of the doubt to ease your mind somewhat. Why don't you go back and reveiw all the political blogs that have been started on this site and list the names and how many they have started, and just show us all how much your right.
You know, since I bring politics up all the time and disrupt the site.

Now since you said in one of your previous post state some facts.
Here's a fact, I will be at the bottom of the list. You see, I don't start the blogs, I just comment on them. Do you think Jim, will be above me or below me. If he is above me, why don't you direct your comments to him and set the record strait.

Happy counting.
Dorcheated,

I consider Jim a friend and I consider you a friend.

A little politics here and there is one thing.

I'm just one of the people who get annoyed when it is injected into EVERY discussion.

And at least when it is injected I like to read substance instead of name calling.

You are correct the Kracker comment was over the top, but it seems like the too of you are just fighting to be fighting.
They only have power because no one fights against them.

If the rest of us don't care and act helpless, then we BECOME HELPLESS.
Parker,

I consider you a friend and always will, it's no big deal to me. It's just when you intercede (which you have every right to do) and things are flying you'd better duck because some of it my hit you. That's just one of the risk of getting involved in a conversation between two people.

I have a great deal of respect for Jim and KB, they have helped countless people on this site and made more of a contibution to this site than I ever could. I accept that to be a fact. But when you step out of the O&G world and step into politics, it's a different game. I cannot accept all their politics merely because they are helpful in other places on this site. They make the choice to step into politics not me. I will not be made to feel guilty because of this fact. If people on this site look down on me for merely defending my political view, that's fine delete me, but don't expect me to change.

I would really like to someone to go back and see how many times that I actually injected politics into a O&G blog without anybody having already done so first,you might be amazed. I don't copy and paste articles, I don't wake up in the morning and come on this site spouting what was on Fox last night. I don't go to lunch and come back talking about what Rush might have said on the radio, when it comes from the heart you don't need all that stuff.

Parker, I don't know what quailifies for your substance test. I just speak on behalf of my farther, who is no longer here. His substance is what is important to me, and I believe, I am passing his his test with flying colors.
KB,
Of course I'm all for it, I'll fight for the use of natural gas as hard as I fight for anything. I maybe wrong, but I believed that Jim was posting to what the Count said, look at the times of the post. If it was Robert then I was mistaken, and I apologize. If it was to the Count, I stand behind what I said.

Parker, was the sweet puppy dog than ran out into traffic, I tried to hit my brakes but it was to late. I took her to the Vet and he said she'll be alright just a few minor bumps and scrapes. Next time I'll check to see if the gate is closed when I go down that street.
Jim,
As I said, when I read the post, there was not a name on who it was directed too. The Counts post was above you, and it said throw all the bums from both parties out. I took your get off your hands and quit whinning to be directed at the Count. Therefore I posted about get off my hands and flipping off the politicians that he was talking about in his post.

Now, there are one of two things I can do. The first would be to make excuses by saying, that Parker and everybody damn well knows I'm not against natural gas. So why would anybody take that approach. That would be like you saying your sitting on a gold mine but you don't like gold jewelry.

The second would be for me to say, I can see where you were talking with Robert and I jump to conclusions because I was itching for fight.

I would say that it was the latter of the two, now looking back. I do apologize for any undo stress that I may have caused you KB and Parker and anybody on the GHS.

I must say, right now, I am trigger happy. I did not take, the rebuffing I recieved on my offer to stop talking politics very well.

If a peace treaty is not signed after talks have failed, and you walk across the field and get back into your bunker. Your damn right I'm waiting for your to stick you head up.
KB,
It was in the post that got deleted, I said that your and Jim's expertise should not be tied up into talking politics but could better be used in other places on this site. I said that I would be willing for the better of the GHS site to stop talking politics.

The post sat there for a day and a half and I even bumped it so you could see it. After a day and a half I posted back, "that I'll take that as a no". Finally Jim posted on it and said something to effect you'll have to tell him what to do.

I then posted back that my offer was like the clap nobody wanted to touch it.

I then said ,at least the people know I tried.

You then posted "bless your heart"

And then it was on like a chicken bone.
KB,

I'm sorry that you and I always see things in black and white. The post was there, most everybody on this site read it. It is what it is, I mean don't know what to say. If somebody else read it ,the way you read it, please post on here and let me know If you feel like my account of the events are wrong please tell me.

I more than willing to let the people on the GHS be my court. If I'm wrong convict me. if i'm right, the true will set me free.
Jim, KB

I'm still more than willing to put all this crap behind us. It makes for good reading and that's about all. I can't fight with my wife on nightly basis. I really do not need all this. It is something I really don't relish.
Now that that is over.

Boone mentions that there is room for coal.

I think we need to wean ourselves off of coal.

I think the economic impact of coal is important to parts of the country. That needs to be taken into account, but it needs to be clear that coal is on it's way out.
KB,
I say this with love too, you never say anything is black or white because it gives you room to change what position fits your needs. My view only includes what I see going on, if you feel like that means I'm telling what you see or know, I'm sorry you either need to get use to it, or move on.
You have to learn and understand that you can't control what I say, or for that matter anybody else on here, so please quit asking me.

You know your views, I know your views, and the GHS knows your views, there is no need for me to rework them for you, it's been perfectly clear for over a year, you by far have more run ins with anybody on this site so why should change your views when your doing fine on your own.

I love Parker, I have met Parker, and I have broke bread with Parker.
My only point to Parker is Jim is a very inteligent man as we all know, he needs no intervention when he is conversing he can tell me if I screwed up on his own. But if you do decide to jump in, always beware that the response you might get might not be the one your looking for.

Now as far as the Jim thing, I apologize to him, you and Parker for it, as I said in a earlier post, if I make a mistake ,I admit and I move on, you seem to be the one that can't let it go, it's a perfect chance to beat me in the head with it, go ahead I'm a big boy I won't cry about it, flog away.

At the time I asked about the kangaroo court, there might have been forty people on this site. Do you really believe that I think somebody was going to answer it lol. This is like Dodge City at high noon, the people have cleared the streets run into in the buildings and their looking out the windows at us.

Now, without making you mad just let me say i know the people are tired of the nonsense. If you want to approach me and work out something, I would suggest you try not to lecture me when your doing it.The approach above is not the way to do it.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service