we have land sec 24 township 10 range12 west 40 acres the offer is 7500 per acres my family in louisiana were approached in august 2010  we the family members in california did not get leases until december 6, some family members have signed lease before hiring a lawyer. jw porter is now pushing us in california to sign by saying the offered will drop to 2500 if the lease is not return by jan ,20, they have also section our land causing a conflict on who gets what portion land size stating this is louisiana law. ifeel we should keep this 40 acres whole maximizing our land value. Is anyone having this problem.

Views: 236

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you have no ideal lol

arthur jenkins,

I'v known Whit Porter since first grade.  We both grew up in Mansfield, and graduated high school together.  I can honestly tell you Whit is a very good man.  If I were you, I'd listen to what Skip, Two-Dogs, and GoshDarn have to say.  They won't steer you wrong!

Good luck, and I hope everything works out to your advantage.

LJW

Whit may be honest, I never judge a book by it's cover but there is this man Paul Hesser who hung up on me when I wanted to talk about his dealings with elder family members.  My family and I are not happy with his dealings and the lies he told to get some of my family  to sign leases. I have spoken with  your folks in California and they agree with the turms of the lease-this is a fact! he told this lie

arthur jenkins,

Maybe you need to contact Whit and let him know what happened. 

Again, good luck..... hope it works out for you the way you want it to.

LJW

Arthur,

Would you tell us what company is behind JW Porter here?  These land companies usually work under contract, as an agent for the larger O&G company.  Often any funny-stuff that they do is at the direction of the O&G company for whom they are acting as the agent.

Their offerings are capped as well.  No pun intended. 

The company authorizes the maximum they can offer in their own negotiations.  It moves into the O&G company offices if you want more.  They will go up on price and continue negotiating through the land company if your proposal is attractive and they want the lease.  It takes time, but offers do move based on their business model.  Be prepared for a deadline when they are about finished with talking money.  Do it or find someone else at that point.

I might add that the positions you and the O&G company hold in the eventually proposed unit have a lot to do with their leverage from being the controlling interest in the filing.  if it is not a formed unit.  You loose a lot once it has been defined so drilling plans may proceed.  They will sweep up with lower offers unless you have some acreage of interest in other unit definitions to prop up the weak one.  At some point you decide to fight for your UMI interest or sign up for the regular checks.

The up front money is not significant long term.  The terms and conditions of the lease are very important.  It's your land once it is over.

Thank you Scott, that was well said.   
A good landman that knows the court house and is willing to work to correct perceived flaws is worth his weight in gold for the landowner that needs to complete a lease.  I had one on just a few acres that Russel Poole cured on CHK's bill.  I can't say enough about that effort.

I too can't say enough about the landman that I worked with.  His name is Howard Pritchart, and he was very helpful in getting some legal issues cleared up so I could lease my minerals.  He and I became good friends during his tenure with Chesapeake, and we remain good friends to this day........   Thank you Howard!  

Arthur, I never lease the old folks before leasing the young folks or the ones in the family that have the experience of previous leasing. You seem to have a problem with the division of interest? All Porter can go by is the courthouse records.
J W Porter is honeycut hill. leasing for      chesapeake

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service