MANY SOUTHWESTERN, CABOT, EMPRESSA, ETC  LEASES , & ARE RAPIDLY APPROACHING THE EXPIRATION OF PRIMARY LEASE & THE LESSORS HOLD AN OPTION TO EXTEND LEASE.  WHAT ARE THOUGHTS AS TO WHAT COMPANIES WILL DO?

Views: 16637

Replies to This Discussion

The lease was executed on August 11, 2011 with Triad.  It was a 2/3/2: $250/$350/$250 so the primary term was 2 years.  We had the option to lease for 3/4 years and the bonus would have been $300/$400.  .  Last March while I was in Magnolia at the courthouse, I noticed that Triad had already released some mineral acreage near the Roberson well. 

Looks like you have one year remaining if in fact it was a 3/2/3 executed on 8-11-2011.  The 3 would represent the primary term in years and it expires on 8-11-2014; unless, you receive the second payment of $350.  You are not due an option payment at this time unless, the above is stated wrong or I am miss interpreting the terms as written by you.  

I wrote 3/2/3 instead of 2/3/2.  I thought I had corrected it before anyone read it but I guess not.  It was a 2 year primary lease.

Polly, a 3/2 is very standard in the industry.  A 2/3 would be somewhat unusual.  Did you negotiate the lease term or did you accept what was offered by Triad?

Skip, I do not see a way to reply under your comment so I will answer your question here.  The original offer from Triad was a 4/4 which was unacceptable to us.  We negotiated with them for over a year and in November 2010 after getting nowhere we said we were not going to lease.  We would wait and be force integrated.  Then in the spring of 2011 another landman approached us and told us the best offer which was what the forced integration would show was a 2/3/2 with $250/$350/$250 or a 3/4 with $300/$400.  At the time they told me of the other large landowners that had accepted this offer.  It also included a 20% royalty.  Since we owned the land in some cases we felt it prudent to lease so we could add some stipulations to protect the land. We chose the 2/3/2 as we thought, incorrectly, that they might not have exhausted their search within the two years and we might get one extension.

Yep, in long threads the reply command will disappear.  You did the correct thing which is to go to the reply box under the discussion title.  Interesting story on your lease and the negotiations that resulted in your 2/3/2.  Thanks for explaining it further.

SWN has been dragging there feet on the Hollis #1-21-22 in Bernice hopefully something will happen soon!

The permit to drill the Hollis expired 4/27/13.  SWN will need to apply for a new permit.  If they do so then I'd say that's a good indication that they will drill the well.

Lease expired in August was contacted by Swn about renegotiating the lease. Original lease was 3/4 with 300/250 new offer is 4/4 with 200/200. The land is in Union Parish a couple of sections North of Ankors well. wondering if others are being offered the same, I was told that a lot of leases are not going to be renewed and just happen to be in a area they had highlighted for renewal.

Just curious, how big is your tract?

12 acres

Location, location, location.  It is surprising that SWN's original 4/4 leases (and in your case 3/4) were not sufficient to allow for testing the Brown Dense across a wide swath of the targeted 500,000 acres.  They should have drilled more than 8 wells over that time considering the size of the land investment.  That being said it's good to see that they are willing to offer leases for some portion of the 500,000.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service