MANY SOUTHWESTERN, CABOT, EMPRESSA, ETC  LEASES , & ARE RAPIDLY APPROACHING THE EXPIRATION OF PRIMARY LEASE & THE LESSORS HOLD AN OPTION TO EXTEND LEASE.  WHAT ARE THOUGHTS AS TO WHAT COMPANIES WILL DO?

Views: 16637

Replies to This Discussion

My lease with Pinebelt will expire in the next few days. Pinebelt's lease was for 3 years with option for 3 years with option for 1 year. I have been contacted by a lease man from Southwestern and was offered about half of what the property leased for in 2010.  Are there any other companies leasing property in Claiborne Parish?  My property is located in section 14, township 23 N, range 6 West.

Bobby, as you know, our property is located just north of yours, and we have been offered about the same as what you described. Our lease in Section 11 expires today, and I'm not in a hurry to re-lease under their current terms. I may try to get depths shallower than the Brown Dense excluded, as I think there may be some interest by smaller operators in some of these shallower formations. Good luck to both of us.

Thank you for your thoughts Obed

norma, the Southwestern Energy  MCMAHEN 19-21 #1-7  is located in Section 7 - Township 19 South - Range 21 West,  Columbia County.  As the crow flies it is approximately 24 miles south and 7 miles west of your location.  Township and Range physical descriptions are part of the PLS System. Use this link to see how this works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Land_Survey_System

Thank you so much... Would that be considered "close" to me, as far as someone maybe interested in leasing??

norma, the bulk of activity is along and south of the state line.  I think you are too far north for the Lower Smackover Brown Dense prospect.  There could very well be other activity in your area that is not on our radar here at GHS at this time.

OK... thanks...

There is a new oil well in 23-15-20.  Betsy production is the operator and the well is called the Wepfer  1.   According to the Arkansas Oil and Gas commission 2/5/2013 is the date the well came in.

Thank you, Polly... I found their address in Magnolia and a phone number so I plan to call them this week... I had found something (I guess it was an application?) showing them in Township 17S- Range 21W, Columbia County. It came up when I googled that area... I went to Arkansas Oil and Gas commission, but wasn't sure how to find anything...  Thank u so much... This is very helpful...

I was informed about 2 weeks ago that Southwestern has sent a renewal check for land in Union parish near Bernice - close to Shilo church on Hwy 2

Don't know of any other people who have received  one.

I think this has been discussed before on GHS, but my question concerns the lease options that a LA unleased mineral owner  has once a drilling unit has been formed and forced pooling has been instituted. At this point, what lease terms must the operator offer to unleased mineral owners, as to lease clauses, bonus amounts, and duration of the lease? I think I have heard that the bonus amount should equal the highest amount that has been given to any mineral owner in the unit, but what about the other lease terms?

Re. LA. There are no requirements regarding lease terms for unleased interests in an approved D&P unit.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service