LEASE WITH CHESAPEAKE 109.33 AC. DIVISION ORDER CAME IN AT 99.6. CALLED AND NO REPLY AS TO THE ALMOST 10 AC DIFFERENCE WHOM DO YOU CALL TO TRACK THIS DOWN OR IS THIS COMMON.  JOHN

Views: 293

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Usually for this you will start with the Division Order Analyst (or similar) at CHK who manages your specific unit.  Getting to that person from the general royalty hotline is sometimes time consuming, but I have found you are usually put with the correct person eventually (maybe).

In the meantime, have your acquisition title ready which describes the tract as 109 and any previous surveys which would do the same (if any).   See if a unit survey was filed by CHK in the parish conveyance records or with the Office of Conservation (Sonris - document access). 

When you speak to the CHK analyst handling your unit, present the issue and try to get them to tell you if the issue is (a) that your entire tract surveyed for the less acreage, or (b) that your tract surveyed for the 109ac but there are portions owned separately or that are in suspense for some reason.  If it falls in category (a), then you are competing with their survey.  If category (b) then you are having to address title and ownership issues and if (b) you want an excerpt from the title opinion that address why they allocated or suspended the portion that you feel you were not given (or the whole opinion in context is better when possible).

If there is a real issue after all of this and you still feel they have shorted you on your interest, then get an attorney who is familiar with these topics.

It could be any number of things.  The division orders are only sent out after a title opinion has been done by a title attorney in your state.  It could be that there is something in the chain of title that reduced your ownership numbers which is reflected in the division order.  Possibility 2 is that you do in fact own the entire 109.33 but they only included 99.6 in the unit, therefore you are only going to get paid on 99.6 acres.

Kenny

My experience with the Division Order analysts at CHK has been good. (Gasp!  I said something positive about CHK.  Bite my tongue.)  They have been helpful.  I deal with them typically via email, so that I can compose my thoughts, write things down, double check them, and then send them off.  Sometimes the anaylyts disappear for a week or two, and I tend not to bother them when they do this.  But they do seem to get back to me eventually.

THANKS GUY'S I WILL GET STARTED MONDAY     JOHN

John, a similar thing happened to me but Petrohawk. I came up short 10 acres too. But, I don't think it's bad math or a conspiracy.  I need to review my lease since I've learned a LOT on GHS since I signed.

These guys above already gave better advice than I can. But, a similar thing happened to me - different company. Please keep posting here and let us know what it was. You may not realize it, but there is probably over 100 years of O&G experience in the above posts. I have three years. LOL!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service