Unit Petroleum has picked up 2 year extention options on most of their 3 year leases in J. White, J. Engish, McKey, CL Wharton,  Strickland , and other surveys in NE Shelby near Joaquin that did not have high cost extentions most in the $350 range bonus with  were due to expire in March. CHK on the other hand had a lot of $3000 +range bonus options that they simply let expire in March and I understand plan  same with option due for extention April thru Sept 2011.  The Bossier Shale is lead driver in this area now rather than the Haynesville shale based on the R Hays Dean well IP 8.7 mmcfd in the Bossier. Will be interest to see if any activity occur with the CHK leases that CHK let expire since CHK simple overextend their plate with more acreage than they can drill and has interest else where. If any one had leased with CHK in NE Shelby that expired please post any renewed interest that occurs with your minerals for release.

Views: 447

Replies to This Discussion

They cannot go around the roadway as the land they are drilling on is landlocked.  They had to pay to pass through other properties to get there by private road and well road property owner had there previously.  Feds told them that no one could travel on their land--said the property owners or someone had gone through and it could not happen.  Yet, they will take the royalty money if they hit NG.  It would take ages to get a permit to use a road, etc.  I feel that they would run an environmental study, post it for x amt. of time (maybe year) whatever.  Companies do not have the time and money to do that.  Also,the older Courtney Well from another place is not so good anymore and has to be replaced to HBP.  Research shows several wells back in there and mostly dry holes. That was when, I guess, they drove around when they wanted to--whatever.  Do not know how they planned to pipe it out as they were landlocked from pipelines and gathering stations also.
They have already moved a well site in Huxley due to an eagle's nest near the location. Then they moved the well on my neighbor's property and she had a no-drill clause.  They finally found it a home on the northeast corner of the proposed unit, but it hasn't been permitted yet.  The woodpecker rule would apply to my yard then because I have them.  Constantly pecking in my tree in the front yard.  And the eagle is across the highway staring at my poodle! LOL So I guess I won't have to worry about a well site on my property, just a pipeline.

Why don't you apply for a reservation for eagles and woodpeckers?  You could perhaps make  more than all the wells totaled together.  LOL  They would do an environmental study and work for a year to see if you qualify--after all, you just have advanced college.  LOL  I wrote a colorful essay to TxDot about the beautiful Woody Woodpeckers and many other birds, animals, and flowers to try to discourage the TTC (new name became Innovative Connectivity and now back to TTC) from coming my way.  I do have a beautiful country place  and it would, in my opinion,be shameful to ruin it. You might even qualify for a Psychologist on duty to work a program for eagles, woodies, and poodles to function socially in an acceptable fashion.  We all need a peaceful environment in Shelby.

I am thinking that since they have not drilled Ashton Hill Fed. Well and Blankenship Fed. Well that CHK permitted that the lease will expire and wondering if XTO will pick up the leases.  If XTO gets good wells both South and North  near Tenaha Bayou, they might see fit to gather up extra leases on FM 139 North.  A lady in that unit passed away, and her heirs asked me  about the status, and I told them the permit was very old and I thought that they were, most likely, not going to drill it .  I told them they could feel free to phone CHK and check on their inheritance.

MARG,

I believe you will fine that the "Courtney #1" is an infeild expansion to reduce unit to eighty acres and it is 400 to 500 ft. due north of the N.A. Middleton Survey.  This well is in fact a Travis Peak.

From what I am told, no one was exactly nice to Classic, as they had to pay dearly for the road, pad and timber.  They admitted up front that the purpose was to avoid dealing with the over zealous Obama nut crowd that have taken over the forrest service.  The first explanation was that they wanted to drill a directional well under the national forrest to test the Travis Peak but later admitted or let slip that it was to be a Haynesville test and that if successful they would drill a second well from the pad, hence the large size of pad. We will all know the truth when they apply for permit.  I feel very confident that the Courtney #2 will be a test under the National Forrest.  Granted Classic may have bought out the lease holder for the N.A. Middleton and the National Forrest but they would still have to put the Nationa Forrest in the unit as the pad is right on the boundary.  In fact, part of the N.A. Middleton is currently not leased as the heir you refer to has not agreed to a new lease, another reason that suggests a test under the National Forrest. 

One of the heirs you refer to returns to this part of the country quite often as he has quite a few relatives and friends in the area.  Actually expect him to come up soon now that the road and pad have been cleared.

Hope it is a Haynesville or  Bossier test, as the way I see it,  it may be last hope for that section of the county at least until we see significantly higher gas prices.  

MARG,

Just talked to my source and he added, if it is not a National Forrest test why did Classic have to have a sub-surface easement from current N.A. Middleton lease holder and surface owner.  And he added, why would Classic try to make a  Travis Peak when they are going even furthur away from known Travis Peak producing area, noting previous dry holes.

I thought it was because of newer technology, etc. that they thought it could be handled in a more appropriate fashion to develop a good well as they do have functional TP Wells in the area.  It is for the government and I   give to their place quarterly; thus, I am not too interested in it as I do know what part of the budget (if we get one) that it would be included in.  LOL
Courtney l is quite a distance away from this one.  It is in the middle of a field/woods down the road and on the other side.I was told about where it is and whose house is in the general direction.  In fact, it was drilled by maybe KCS years ago.  When it was completed, it was ages before they could pipeline it out. I remember that people laughed about it, etc.I do not live there.but I was told about ir and   know where it is, etc. I do not know where anyone got the idea of anyone being paid alot.  What happened about that?  Where did you hear it?  I did not think anyone around there would pay that little area any attention.    Are you saying that the pad was very expensive? Their company made nice remarks about the owners of the land where they are building the pad.No one around there knew  them.I suppose that they may need to drive the govt. road to get in then or I suppose people could walk in.  Actually, the owners of the pad are not supposed to be in the well at all.  Classic is supposed to just drill if from there and horizontal it out to the National Forest.  It was said that it would be a Travis Peak Well.  They are popular in Joaquin. The road is on private property--through someone else's land.  It was locked all around by other's land.  The Classic Landman stated clearly that the well will be a Travis Peak and that they did not have the deep rights.  Of course, they may work out a joint venture with someone else.  With the history of the area on that survey back there (several old wells, etc._, I would not think they would be so anxious to drill it so much again unless they do know something --especially if they spent a lot of money.  I did not mean to imply that I now those heirs---I do not.  I have heard of the family who gave it to them as he was a minister.  I remember I heard him preach once---he was a good minister, but he really kept me there for a long time; I was fairly young and remember that.  LOL  Prudhoe Courtney is a national forest well and it is supposed to be, they said, just for the govt, woods. The original Courtney is a USA Well and they said it was 3500 acres.  Do you really think someone got a lot of money?  Like how could people there hear that as most people do not even know that land is in wells and it is just a national forest and a strip of land by it.  None of the owners around there even seem to live there.  I have checked the permits and it definitely has not been permitted that I can find.  I do not expect them to get a big well though.  The pad is big enough for two or three wells.  Someone did have a plat.  Things will really have to change around there to get a monster well.  Those Travis Peak usually are not big producers, slow and steady and usually last a while. They are nice, but unless one had a very large amount of royalty, he or she would not acquire wealth on it.  As far as Classic and funding, I read about them when they first came to our area; they have some very successful owners and have been successful in many areas.  I feel that they are stable and they do some shale wells now.  They just completed one west of Joaquin.  They purchased the Forest Oil leases.  KEEP ME POSTED AND IF YOU GO THERE AND FIND OUT, LET US NOW. 

Yes, it is a National Forest Test as this Courtney Unit is a govt./fed. well.  They will eventually need a new well to HBP their lease. The other well is getting very old now.  I feel that is the only reason that they are doing this now w/prices, etc. to hbp unit.

MARG, 

Pardon my facts, but the proposed well due north of the Courtney#2 is to be the Charles Childress #3 not the Courtney #1.  The road to this well will continue south to the Courtney #2.

All but one of the dry holes you refer to were very shallow  (1300ft.) oil tries, playing off a dry Travis Peak well that blew out at 1330 ft. due to high pressure oil, this well produced for a number of years (That well has long since been P&Aed)  Entrance to that well  was through the National Forrest.

prudhoe bay-- something does not connect with above statement "  a dry TP well that blew out at 1330' due to high pressure oil"  question (1)The  TP is deeper than 1330 feet (2) how can a dry well blow out? Sure would be nice to have high pressure oil in the area

There is not another well to be drilled there; COURTNEY NUMBER ONE IS OVER IN ANOTHER FIELD.   SOME PEOPLE WHO LIVE ON FM 139 say they have been out in the field there rambling like a 4-wheeler and have seen it.  I also was told several years ago by a man reared  in the area that it was out off of 139  .  It would be west of FM 139 and maybe a little south as one travels in the woods.

ALSO, NO ONE SAID THE COURTNEY ONE WAS NEAR THERE.  IT IS NOT NEAR THE COURTNEY TWO.  CHARLES CHILDRESS DOES NOT HAVE A THING TO DO WITH THE COURTNEY. IT IS ENTIRELY DIFFERENT.      IT IS NOT IN THE COURTNEY LEASE.  SUCH STUFF AS THIS IS WHY THE OWNER DID NOT WANT TO HELP THEM OUT WITH THE LANDLOCKED LAND.  I SEE NOW WHAT THEY MEANT.  PERHAPS , PEOPLE THERE INVOLVED WILL NOT SEE ALL THIS   "MESS".  I DO NOT KNOW WHY IT HAD TO GET STARTED; IT IS NO BIG DEAL.  YES,THERE WAS AN OIL WELL ON THE Hanson place once too.     There IS OIL AROUND THERE AND IT HAS BEEN A WELL KNOWN FACT ABOUT THE SHALLOW OIL.  I have paperwork from olden days and know about each and every well back there as a man in Dallas had asked someone here to work with them, etc. I have the info in an old collection,, but it is worthless. Most of them did not produce.  THERE IS NO PIPELINE OUT THERE IN THE FOREST. THE PIPELINE AT THE ROAD BELONGS TO ANOTHER COMPANY AND DOES NOT GO TO GATHERING STATION.  I WONDER HOW IT DID GET STARTED---WE DO NOT NEED TO BECOME BUSYBODIES.  THIS IS CLASSIC'S BUSINESS DEAL AND I THINK THEY CAN HANDLE IT WITHOUT ME AND OTHERS.  LOL.  I wish them well with it as it is expensive for the investors and operators. HOPEFULLY, WE CAN WAIT UNTIL THEY ARE FINISHED AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. 

Your facts are incorrect as given above.  I do not kinow where you got your info, but if it is written,it is incorrect, and verbally would have been a falsehood.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service