We have property in extreme NE Bossier Parish, TS23, that borders Lafayette county and we are getting some lease offers.  This property was continually leased for many years but the past 2 or 3 years it has went unleased. Samson Contour has made the latest offer but I don't know a lot about this company.  The land man says they want to drill for natural gas in the Cotton Valley.  I would love to get some input and some comments and advice from all the folks on here that are much more knowledgeable than I am.  The lease from Samson seems to be the best offer and sounds about right for this area which is unproven aside from some Pettit oil producers in the area.  Kieth, Skip, Aubrey, Ted, anyone else jump on in there and give me some help.  Thanks

Views: 17378

Replies to This Discussion

Skip,

Thanks for the input.  As always your info is extremely helpful.  I was contacted in December, 2011 by J B Land about leasing my 80 acres in Section 8,  T23 R13W.  In a subsequent conversation and proposed lease they offered $225/ ac bonus and 22.5% royalty. In January, I countered with a slightly higher bonus, 1/4 royalty and asked for changes to terms of the lease.  They responded with same bonus and royalty but did incorporate some (but not the no cost royalty clause) of the requested terms.  I responded with my desire for the same bonus/royalty as my previous lease (with Martin) which is what I had requested in the previous response and the no cost royaltyt clause.  A relative signed a lease with JBL on their land a few miles east of mine and indicated they accepted the 22,5% bur did include the no cost royalty in the lease terms.

I live in suburban Dallas.  I've had only one conversation with the land man and have heard nothing since my last response to them in February.  I know they have been in contact with other Section 8 owners but don't know if any have signed.   Did you notice if any of the filed leases were in Sec 8?  Any recommendations, I value your inputs.

Don

don, I think I will see additional leases filed by J B Land in the near future but they've made a good start.  Their leases filed to date include minerals in sections 4, 6, 7, 17 and 18 - 23N - 13W.  Sections 5, 9 and 16 have some portion Held By Production through producing wells.  So you're in the donut hole so to speak.  I good place to be I will wager.  Good Luck.

Family minerals in T23N13W sec 34. My information is coming 2nd hand through another family member but as of yesterday a lease is supposed to be on its way...details will follow when known.  Also have family mineral ownership a little further north on the AR/LA line from these but have not been contacted about these.  Just a side note regarding minerals in Miller County along the AR/LA line--Kelly Bayou Field--last two years we've had offers but they have been very low and we did not consider them.

Friend of mine leased in T23 river bottoms area for $300 acre 1/4 no cost royalty 3yr no option with JB.  not sure what section.  Just this week!

Where is the river bottoms area?

Red river north of hwy 2 east out of Plain Dealing and just south of Arkansas line ( Miller County) in T23.

Maybe I'm confused.  Aren't the river bottoms west of Plain Dealing?

yep sure is my bad!  i live east, guess i was thinking of coming home! lol  thanks for correcting

me skip!

Lease hounds still working the T22 area.  Dont think they have many takers on their first offer. All they have to do is offer what they gave in T23 and quit playing games!

Are the 22N offers coming from J B Land, inthestix?

no, Meritt energy out of lafayette,la.  There is another broker offering leases between Rocky Mount and Benton.  I think they are HEP or HPS also from Lafayette and they are offering more $!  They will not say who they are leasing for!

Skip what kind of play are they looking at in this wide of an area? The BD?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service