Marion County

Pegasi Operating completed the Norbord Well No. 1 to 7,005 1.2 miles northwest of Jefferson in a wildcat field. This well was completed to 7,005 feet. On a 14/64-inch choke the well potentialed 3.409 million cubic feet of gas.

http://www.gohaynesvilleshale.com/forum/topics/east-texas-drilling-...

Views: 499

Replies to This Discussion

I have mineral interest on a tract due north of Jefferson about a mile.  The eastern edge of this property is on Hwy 59.  We are currently under a lease with Bachtell Oil and Gas that expires in March.  We have been requested to extend the lease for two more years.  I am interested in competing offers for this lease because the terms do not seem to reflect the potential indicated by this well.  Additionally, I was out there last Spring and saw a four well site about a mile east of our property.  Those wells are all producing, but I don't have volume figures.  Can you tell me who else might be actively leasing in this area?  Many thanks.

Dave, there has been little news out of Marion County the last three years.  There doesn't appear to be any productive Haynesville Shale and I'm not familiar with the possible formations being produced at the depth for this well.  I posted this well to see if we could get some discussion going for Marion.  Other than members who may live and/or own minerals in the county, the best way to get information is to learn how to access the information the Railroad Commission database.  We have a group that provides tutorials and help for those wishing to learn how to navigate the database.

http://www.gohaynesvilleshale.com/group/trrchelpcenter

Skip, Many thanks for the reply.  You had suggested elsewhere in these forums to look at the GIS map on the RRC website.  I drilled down to them and found a wealth of information.  It looks like most of the wells in Marion are old, oil, and confined to a narrow band running from Hwy 59 just north of Jefferson toward the northeast.  There are a few gas wells along and near this band.  The wildcat that you referenced here is a notable exception to that trend.  It's west of 59.  I can also see that Bachtell has a permit between that well and 59.  This permit might be on our unit, but I can't be certain of that.

Many thanks about the tip to look at the GIS maps.  I didn't know they were there and available.  They contain a huge amount of information and they lead to much more information.  Very, very helpful.

One small question about the maps.  I was looking at them earlier, finished my research, and severed the link.  When I went back to look at them again, they wouldn't load.  Is that a normal occurrence?  Do they restrict access during updates?  Just curious.  I will try them again tomorrow.

Dave, most databases experience periodic interruptions for site maintenance and the occasional server problem.  I use the TRRC database infrequently and thus am no expert on navigating it.  The folks in the TRRC Help Center would be the best members to consult as to any issue with the database.  It seems you've already made a good start.  And the well we are discussing here does seem to be unlike previous completions in the county.  Although the surface location is of interest, the producing depth and the formation are significant.  I'm not familiar with the stratigraphy of that particular area.

Dave,

I may also share in the ownership of the same, or similar property as you do. I have been trying to learn more about the activity in Jefferson. I have leases with Bachtell which have expired and I am trying to seeing what the activity is before negotating for renewal. 

Victoria Schott Ridge

Victoria,  I have also been trying to locate other mineral owners in that area.  Our mineral interest adjoins Hwy 59  from roughly FM 1324 north to roughly the little chapel (I forget the name - is it Moores'?) on the west side of the Hwy.  All of the mineral acres are west of 59 and include parts of close to 500 acres in the Hamilton survey (and maybe others).  Does that sound like the area where you have interest?

We also have a lease with Bachtell.  It's due to expire in March.  It would be nice to find some competing offers.  Bachtell's terms are not very attractive. 

If we could find enough of the current mineral owners, we could probably negotiate better terms as a group. 

Additionally, we have recently met with the current surface owners.  They own virtually all the land where our minerals are located plus land to the north of that and to the east of 59.  They are extremely interested in working with the mineral owners on this property, and they are very open to various ways in which that might be done.  With your permission, I will tell them of the conversation we have had on this forum.  They might want to discuss the situation with you as well.

In case you didn't know, Bachtell has a drilling permit on a 700+Ac unit located due west of the Bayou and the western edge of the minerals owned by my family.  The outcome of that well will have a large bearing on the value of minerals eastward.  The wildcat that Skip mentioned to start this discussion is due south and a bit farther away.

I too, and my family, are in the Hamilton survey. Do you know the name of the current property owner's?
The current property owners name is McAlpine.  The father lives in Ft Worth.  Son, Craig, lives on the property in Marion Cty.

Are Kimberly Ann, Bennie Frank, and Eddie Paul McAdoo members of your family?

If they have any connection to this land, probably so, but I don't recognize their names.  My knowledge of the family tree is limited to the branch that goes back to my grandfather, James McAdoo.  Our great grandfather (a McAdoo) came from Tennessee and settled in that area sometime in the 1800s.  The mineral interests are now passing to his fourth generation.
Dave, I just completed my negotiations with Bachtell. If you would like to discuss talking to an individual who helped me with this, let me know. victoriaridge@gmail.com
Skip, I have tried really hard to find this well on the RRC site GIS maps,  but have not been successful.  Is it too new to have been added to the maps yet?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service