Interesting to see that there will be a 22,000 ft well
to spud soon in Jefferson County exploring Haynesville Shale.

See Mainland Resourses----any comments??????

Tags: Activity, Mississippi

Views: 13520

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Skip, just logical. Smaller companies did the same thing when they tackled deepwater GOM, CO2 floods, shale gas plays, etc. A few companies develop the expertise and then others just hire or contract. Isn't that how companies address areas such as legal, environmental, gas marketing, etc?
Les B., I didn't get how the report of 14 days drilling @ 9350' equated to RAPAD being an "expert". Do you have specific knowledge of their "expert" qualifications?
Skip, no - their expertise will be tested when they get below 15,000 ft. They should have hired a drilling engineer from EnCana (Deep Bossier) or ExxonMobil (Norphlet) - it would have been worth every penny.
Les B., agreed. I was hoping you might know something of RAPAD's prior experience. I hope they are equal to the task. And considering the eighteen months or so of Mainland reports concerning this prospect, if they had such a drilling engineer I would have expected them to have touted it long ago. Of course they may have been depending on the expertise of some of their former partners who backed out long before the well spud.
RAPAD Drilling Co., formerly Chesley Pruit Drilling Co. has literally thousands of wells to their credit within the Mississippi Interior Salt Basin. I'm sure that RAPAD's Toolpusher is more than adequately experienced. However, the orders and decision making making come from Mark Hardy who is an on-site Drilling Consultant (AKA Company-Man). Mark Hardy is the owner of a consulting firm called Rig Managers Inc. Although Mr. Hardy has about a dozen consultants capable of the task, he still chose to do the job himself. The Company-Man will answer to Mainland's Drilling Engineer, and you can be certain that Mainland has either hired or consulted with a team of Drilling Engineers who will work with the Company-Man to get the well drilled.

I agree, that this will be a technically challenging well. Despite their progress to date, I also agree this well will take quite a while to drill; 1 year is possible, but I think it'll be less.
Skip; thanks for your drilling progress report on this well.
Mainland Resources, Burkley-Phillips #1 permitted to 22.000', Jefferson County, Mississippi, reported 21 days drilling ahead @ 11,633' on 8/13/2010.
Mainland Resources, Burkley-Phillips #1 reported 28 days drilling ahead @ 12,550' on 8/20/2010.
See where Mainland has appointed a new CEO, whats this about?

Thanks
That's just Mainland, rusell. Nothing ever stays the same for long. The Burkley-Phillips #1 is now drilling into depths which are much more challenging than the first 12,500'.
You think this is a move because the other president didnt know what he was doing, or they have found something and wanted to get a higher educated CEO?

Thanks
I think it has to do with money or lack thereof in this case. Those putting up the capital usually want their man steering the boat. The CEO does not design the well nor drill it. But a CEO may attract investment capital. And Mainland is likely to need the best salesman they can get.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service