Monthly Production from L SMK RA SUA in Ora Field (Combined BML and Doles Figures)

SONRIS Lite is now reporting cumulative oil and gas production for the month of January, 2013, for the L SMK RA SUA unit in the Ora Field of Union Parish, which contains the BML and Doles horizontals. The figures, which appear to be total unit production from both wells, are 17,752 barrels of oil (condensate?) and 123,361 MCF of gas. Assuming this is for 31 days, this is equivalent to 573 BOPD and 3979 MCFD. The state potential tests were run for both wells on or about January 31, 2013 and showed combined production of 511 BOPD and 4353 MCFD. So it appears that daily production did not drop precipitously during the month. Of course we don't know how much choke settings were changed during the month. It will be interesting to see how the output holds up in the next few months.

Views: 11305

Replies to This Discussion

When SWN first permitted the wells they did so under Product Code 00 meaning no product designated.  Then when they were moving liquid under Emergency Clearance Requests, they changed to Product Code 10 which is oil.  When they requested redefinition of the unitized interval to condensate and gas they changed to Product Code 20 which is gas.  LUW codes for oil wells begin with 05.  Gas wells with 6.

and why haven't they reported any production numbers since March?

As I understand it. they are not required to report April production until June 30. Of course, as given earlier in this thread, SWN already reported April production in their First Quarter results.

it's like they knew we were talking about them. the new numbers are up.  do they reconcile with the numbers states in their call?

SWN said the BML was producing 152 bopd and 1,510 mcf.

Doles 95 bopd and 1,772 mcf. Seems to add up.

For the record, the SONRIS figures for April were 7611 barrels of condensate, or 254 BCPD; and 93876 MCF of gas, or 3126 MCFD.

Also, can you distinguish between the product being sold from Weiser Brown and the BML/Doles unit? 

I also noticed that WB is perfed at the "Smackover" and the BML et al is producing from Lower Smackover Reservoir A.  What is the meaningful distinction between these two horizons?

Under LEASE\UNIT\WELL PRODUCTION the state breaks product down to Oil and Gas with all liquids reported under Oil even if it is more accurately characterized as condensate.  The SONRIS Well Scout completion data sometimes mentions condensate and sometimes it doesn't.  It is best to go to SONRIS Classic (Document Access) and view the Final Completion and Allowable reports to find the bbl of condensate.  In a number of wells producing liquids the break out would look something like this:  5% Oil, 30% Condensate, 65% gas.

I'll try to find time later to look at the W-B well.  It is non-unitized.

The WB well is completed as a vertical open hole completion in the top of the Brown Dense.  As I have stated in other post, the experts don't understand the relatively good performance of this well.  I'd speculate that they hit some natural fractures by luck and the well's performance supports this speculation.  Note that the WB well was not even frac'd.

On the other hand, the Doles and BML wells are relatively long horizontal wells with 15+ stages of frac's in the BD.  Frankly, the performance of these wells is a huge disappointment to SWN and the guys in the bar from SWN have said as much.  All of the potential JV partners got to see the insider information and all walked away with their money instead of trusting Willie's team with their cash.  Good call on their part. 

As the pressure in the wells continues to decline in the Doles and BML wells more oil will be dropping out in the formation, increasing the resistance to flow and reducing the amount of oil and gas that makes it to the surface for sales.  The guys in the bar have suggested that the flowing pressure is down to about 1/3 of the original flowing pressure. That's a bummer.

Finally, all of Mueller's talk about new frac  methods is a bunch of crap and he and his team knows it.  The BML and Doles are essentially the same in terms of long term performance.  I suspect that the stock analyst will start to be very skeptical of what Mueller has to say in the Q2 conference call unless he simply comes clean and tells the street what is really happening.  Hell, what I heard is that the frac guy they had quit SWN because he was discussed with his boss who is widely thought of in the company as a JA. 

Sorry Willie.  Come clean. 

Don't rain on his "Willie" hate parade Tony.

I do not look at it as a hate parade. As time goes by in this Brown Dense play, seems we have an overload of hope and positive spin and little else. Analysts are high on the stock? The hyped up JV partners took a hike because they were haters? No, they took a hike on the Lower Smackover as presented by SWN. They were not buying common stock as a retail investor; they were asked to buy into the Brown Dense. They did not buy it.

Shale Player makes sense to me. Otherwise, where is the money?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service