S09-T16N-R15W has two wells permitted. One laterals to S03-T16N-R15W the other to S04-T16N-R15W. Is it possible to drill additional wells and lateral into section 9 & 10? Four well per pad site?

Views: 63

Replies to This Discussion

Received letter today about hearing scheduled for Wednesday, February 10, 2010. Section 29, Township 16, North, Range 16 West. I did not see it on the hearing list. I am confused about signing with Chesapeake and the hearing referring to Petrohawk. Are they just the operating company for Chesapeake.
Janny. Just because you sign a lease with one company (Chesapeake) doesn't mean that they will end up as the operator of the drilling unit. Section 29 is under HA unit order to Encore Operating. Actually 480 acres of S29 is in one unit and the northern 160 acres included with part of S20 in another unit. Encore just completed a well in your section (see my post in the South Caddo Group on Electro's new discussion topic). Obviously Encore has made a deal with Petrohawk and will designate them the operator for your section. That's good news as Petohawk is a much more capable horizontal driller than Encore. In fact I would prefer them to Chesapeake. No, Petrohawk is a separate company form Chesapeake.
Thank you for explaining. I called the law office and the young lady tried to explain, but was very brief. She said that when Petrohawk drills if it is successful they will pay the royalities to Chesapeake who would in turn forward them to the land owners.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service