Looks like they are wanting to drill in the north section of the 1280 acre unit the Sharp well is in.

Views: 11761

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Just a brief question…if this has been covered earlier I apologize. I am in no way stating the BD play doesn’t interest me because it does; however, I will accept production from any play. My question is basically this. What other potential plays exist under Union Parish to the best of anyone’s knowledge?

I know there is a shallow play (2600+/- ft.) as we are currently getting a bit of production from it, I do not know what type formation it is but I do know the original well was drilled in the late 40’s and at this point they are, in fact, putting into play some type of gas treatment in order to increase production.

Thanks

Arkadelphia, various Cotton Valley sands, Haynesville sand, Smackover represent some of the most recent producing wells.  Those wells produce from conventional reservoirs which are not continuously productive over large distances so location is key to an accurate answer to your question. The interest in the BD has the been the possibility that it was an unconventional resource play which would have been continuously productive over a larger area.  In some locales the above listed formations may be sufficiently "tight" to benefit from horizontal development.  Formations that produce gas with high liquid content are more economically viable than dry gas at this time.

Thanks…your answers, observations, input etc. are greatly appreciated. I tend to go to school on all of them.

Have they completed the pipeline to the Sharp well?

It is no longer flaring. 

Patterson UTI Rig #199 reports 21 days drilling ahead @ 7001', 1/3/14.

Patterson UTI Rig #199 reports 28 days drilling ahead @ 8767', 1/3/14.

Correction: 19 days drilling on 1/10/14.  Spud date was 12/23.

SONRIS reports Milstead 15 reached total depth of 9777' on 1/11/14.

http://sonlite.dnr.state.la.us/sundown/cart_prod/cart_con_wellinfo2...

Swn said today in the presentation that the frac on the plum creek well started yesterday and they will begin cracking this well next week. They talked about the brown dense for the first 8 minutes of the presentation.

Do you have a link to the presentation?

The audiocast sure sounds encouraging. I am hoping this is going to be a good year for all of us with stakes in Union Parish.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service