De- Risking Northern Sabine County, Texas Now

There will be a well drilled to the Haynesville by Chesapeake Energy that will de risk the Haynesville and Middle Bossier soon. This well should be a very good well in both zones mentioned.The northern part of this county will be very active from now on until fully developed.

Posted by Jurassic Exploration Inc on 27 May 2010 01:35

Views: 163

Replies to This Discussion

Took another field trip today. 1) Talked to Hall line construction people on Hwy. 21 yard, and the said activity on S. side of 21 @ transmission line is a "plant" - new eqipment was on site-looks like work has already started as there were several crews working. People I talked to said they were told there would be more work ahead on tie ins (notice plural) to the Hall line. 2) Talked to workers near line orig. point near Hall well and was told work had started there on a pad for a compressor station. Said the first 4,000 ft. or so would be a 12" line bore to just across Patroon creek and that the line would be 24" below FM 276 ( Carters Ferry Rd) area. 3) Went to where line crosses telephone Rd. and there are survey stakes going West along an elec. transmission line marked C/L- P/L- crosses Hwy 87 1mi. S of 276 near trans. line going due West-Almost positive now this the E/W tie in to Fords Corner. 4) At Hwy. 87 and Forest Rd. 131on W side in North Sabine Co.- New sign- Shoco Production- Bourghs Cr. Federal Lease & a construction co. sign. This would be start of activity on a pad for one of the 3 wells permitted by Shoco in 09-all 9,000 ft. verticals near the end of 131 to the West. 5) Talked to a tanker truck driver from local co. on Reeves Rd. going to CHK Hezekiah well to remove waste materials (not for completion). Said his co. had ordered 36 more tankers due to planned activity in area. Look for activity to ramp up next year.
Frank,
Your are a great scout. Thanks for the report.
+1 to that comment. Much appreciated and great news too!
Correction to my post of yesterday item no. 4. the Shoco wells are permitted for 7,000 , not 9,000 ft. and are for oil/gas.
I wonder why these wells will only be vertical, and not Haynesville wells. Does anyone have an info as why? It seems they could get both in that location.
Shoco permitted James Lime wells, I believe. I doubt that they have the will or the experience to drill a deep, horizontal, high pressured Haynesville well, although they could hire that experience and skill if they were of a mind to, I guess.
Wow, with that comment, I hope when or if they ever get a few miles south to my land, it will be a diff company.
Joe, SHOCO amended the permit for the Bourghs Creek #2, today, from 7,000' to 9,000'. All of these wells are permitted for the Wildcat field so they are exploring.
Well, thats good, they may hire the expertise if it looks promising to go deeper. The austin chalk well that was capped on my property had a high gas pressure and was still producing a few barrels a day when they capped it and left. So if they are exploring, they may have their first Haynesville. Thanks for the info.
Short road trip today, but 1) At compressor station @ start of "Hall line", Pipeline ROW cleared toward Hall # 1 pad. 2) 200 yds. S of Reeves Rd. & Hwy. 87 Int. on E side of 87, Pipeline ROW cleared due East(nothing on W side, but stakes there, another W tie in?). 3) Hwy. 21 S side where "plant" site is @ transmission line junction for Hall line, Approx. 5 ac. pad/ slab prepared w/slab framing started and "plant equipment" fabrication in progress. If the " plant" covers the entire 5 ac., Its a major facility!
Frank, Thanks for being the eyes on the ground for all of us. great update!
Frank, I haven't gotten my Sabine County scouting info fix lately. Any news or progress?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service