New Permit approved NW Shelby Co - J.Sullins Survey (A-636) / Paluxy formation?

New permit recently approved for M.E. Operating & Services to drill on the J. Sullins Survey in NW Shelby Co a few miles NW of Teneha.

W-1 Permit:
http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/drillDownQueryAction.do?fromPubli...

A few interesting items:

Petrohawk recently had a permit a few months ago for this same unit. Wondering if they are going JV together or perhaps Petrohawk sold or is farming operations out to ME?

The application is listing multiple target formation for both NG and Oil at this drill site.

Permitted to 11,500' and listing the following targets on the application:

a. Wildcat: assuming that will be for Haynesville
b. Davsun (Paluxy): Gas reserve / haven't seen these before in Shelby permits has anyone else?
c. Tenaha Glen Rose: Oil or Gas
d. Teneha Jurassic: Gas
e. Teneha South (Cotton Valley): Gas
f. Teneha SW (Travis Peak): Gas

Would be pretty interesting to see this produce in multiple formations.

Anyone know of other proven wells in this region at the moment where these multiple formations are producing or tested?

Views: 255

Replies to This Discussion

D. Gaar, the Mitchell Trust well is actually in a different area than what I think you are referring to. It is less than a half-mile from the Rusk County line.
Shelbyco,

Yes, you are correct. I must be sufferning from temporary insanity today?!!!

Actually, the production and W-1 info that I posted earlier for the Mitchell Trust well is correct.

Location-wise, however, I was thinking about those 2 Newfield Exploration wells a bit further East in Shelby County in the McFadden Survey.

Sorry about the confusion.
so any word on the Lane #2 --drilling now
My sister and I live in Dallas, Texas and in Norman, OK respectively and we own about 10 mineral acres in the Ann Gray Survey, A-240, in Shelby County. Devon Enerty Production Company, L. P. is asking to lease our mineral interests for 3 years at 22.5 royalty and with a bonus at $650.00. We are total novices and wonder if we are getting a good deal or are being had. Could someone in the know please advise? The landman who sent the proposal also said there was no "kicker", which I would also appreciate an explanation about. Rebecca
your minerals are in Joaquin Field area if they are in survey 240--abundant production from many different formations--Pettit, Travis Peak and DEEP Potential..I have read on these blogs where recent leases $1000/acre. I am assuming "no kicker" means that they do not plan to do an extension at the end of the 3 year term.
The Ann Gray survey A-240 is between Tenaha and Timpson, on the south side of Flat Fork Creek. Is this classified as being in the Joaquin Field?
On the RCC map I thought they called it Tenaha west.
Ann Grey is actually survey A-241 and is in the NW section of Shelby County. Not a lot of current production listed at TRRC on that survey at the moment.

Devon, however, has just this past week had a horizontal well - their Adams 1H Well - permitted for the Nelson Howell Survey, which is only about 1.5 Miles directly South of the A. Gray.

Here's a link to seperate discussion on that Devon/Adams Well:

http://www.gohaynesvilleshale.com/group/shelbycounty/forum/topics/d...
also offset production in a shallow reservoir--that is predominantly oil--called the Fredericksburg.
No, this is not a good deal. Please do not rush to sign.
I too have land in the same survey and you need to know a lot of background information before you make any decision.
Need to know exactly where your land is. Mustang drilled a well (Hairgrove #1) this year and has tied up some of the Ann Gray survey.
Has your 10 acres ever been leased?
Rebecca,
Please contact me directly at jmgreen51@gmail.com., concerning your Devon offer. I would be happy to share some information that I think would be helpful to you.
We leased acreage directly adjacent to the Ann Gray survey and also have quite a bit IN the Gray survey that we want to lease.
b. Davsun (Paluxy): Gas reserve / haven't seen these before in Shelby permits has anyone else?

On the proration schedule it's a shallow, non-associated (gas) field @ 3480' discovered in 1982 and is a one well (discovery well) field. There is no production currently from this one, according to RRC.
I had not previously seen this formation in other Shelby permits, but did see in Panola and the Sullins survey is near that county line.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service