Petrohawk has posted a new corporate presentation that includes an their updated view of the Bossier Shale.

http://www.petrohawk.com/presentations.php

Views: 113

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Taylor, my reference was to the overall map rather specific parts of the "EUR" map.  That is because EUR is just not something you can map with any level of accuracy due to complexity and subjectivity of EUR determination.  I view the map as qualitative but definitely not quantitative.  Now you can map items such as net shale thickness, net gas pay thickness, net porosity-feet or original gas-in-place which are all based on geologic, geophysical and well log data.

Thanks.

Reminds me of the geologist, engineer, and geophysicist who went to management to ask for a raise.  They asked each one how much two plus two was.  The engineer said it was 4.000.  The geologist said it was about 4.  The geophysicist asked how much they wanted it to be.

Petrohawk Energy

Natural-gas prices may be weak in North America now because of a supply glut, but major global energy companies are taking advantage of the situation by scooping up the rights to this clean-burning energy in America's oil patch.

CNOOC (CEO, news), China's largest offshore energy producer, just agreed to pay $570 million for a stake in a project to extract natural gas from shale owned by Chesapeake Energy (CHK, news). Last June, Exxon Mobil (XOM, news)bought XTO Energy for $25 billion.

These energy giants are shopping for more than just the energy, says energy-sector expert Robert Robotti, of Robotti & Company Advisors. They're also looking for expertise in extracting natural gas from shale so they can apply it elsewhere in the world. "Energy companies want to export that technological knowledge," he says.

Petrohawk just announced a 23% increase in reserves in natural-gas rich structures such as the Haynesville Shale and Eagle Ford Shale in Louisiana and Texas, making it a more attractive takeover target. A takeover seems natural here, since Petrohawk was created as a "build-to-sell company," according to Morningstar. Recent insider purchases suggest a buyout may be on the horizon. Since last summer, insiders have purchased more than $220,000 worth of stock.

Hey, Parkdota, I think you left some zeros off.   I may could become a player at 220 grand but that would be the atomic kiss of death. "Scared Money Don't Win, Evil Women Drink Gin".

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service