Can one of you local guys take a look at the C Hereford survey (Section A-17)? I met with a landman (landlady?) yesterday when my mother-in-law signed her lease, and the landlady said that a pad is being cleared north of 103, about 1.5 miles east of 705. This will not be on the road - maybe 3/4 mile north of 103. Encana should be the one getting ready to drill.

Views: 845

Replies to This Discussion

Just curious why you believe "things are slowing down"?  Thanks.
Just reading a lot about gas prices slowing down drilling.  Also what happened to Devon in SA county?  Hopefully Encana will stay active in SA county.  I think they will.
What happened to Devon?  We have alot of land leased with them.
They put on the brakes I assume because of low natural gas prices but it seems they will have to do something before the year is out or lose a whole lot of leases.

JWC,

On the coast where I live (Freeport area), natural gas is big news because of abundance and low prices. The Liquid Natural Gas (LNG) facility that was built near the Port of Freeport to unload foreign ships and process LNG for industrial use has tied into a major  domestic gas pipeline. The only foreign ships coming in are the minimum to keep their permits valid. They're going through the permitting process to EXPORT domestic LNG. Dow Chemical and other local chemical plants are building plants in Texas because of cheap feedstock (natural gas). In talking with  petroleum suppliers in the Houston area, they say natural gas could be the next "game changer" in the oil & gas market. My point is things are looking up for the continuation of drilling for shale gas in Texas. My biggest concerns are the environmentalists shutting down fracing & the Texas legislature taxing industry away.

Thanks farmbrad.  That is encouraging news.  Maybe this is why Encana is really focusing on natural gas.  I was also thinking that maybe the O&G companies are just now rolling out their plans for 2011.  Hopefully we will see more permitting taking place soon. Good to hear from you.
We just purchased a lease of 4 nma in the Charles Hereford Survey A-17.  We are Woodford shale players in  the Arkoma Basin in Oklahoma and are not very familar with the area.  Did we buy a lease that has potential?

Richard, the A-17 well has been fraced by Encana, and we are just awaiting word on the results. I have a suspicion that it will come in big. Encana applied for a pipeline right-of-way to the well that is for one (up to two) 24-inch lines.

All this to say I think A-17 will be attractive in the coming years. Now, I must say that a 4 acre lease will not make you wealthy, but I think it will eventually get you a check every month.

Does anyone know where I can find a map of this area? (Charles Hereford Survey A-17)

Go to the RRC link:

http://gis2.rrc.state.tx.us/public/startit.htm

Put in the following for Wellborn API number:  405-30383, then click to the right of where you entered.  Zoom out some to see all of A-17. It will not show you individual owners of the properties, so you may need to know where yours is in the survey.

Heads up! My mother-in-law received a letter in the mail today from Homer Peel, a landman in Shreveport. He is offering to buy her mineral acres for $6,250 in A-17. As best as I can tell, Mr. Peel is a relative of Skip Peel who is frequently on this website.

http://radaris.com/p/Skip/Peel/

I am thinking more and more that Encana is on to something big regarding the area around A-17.

Has anyone else received a similar letter recently?

Duh, I finally looked around enough to figure out Skip Peel's real name is Homer Peel, Jr. Sorry about the confusion, Skip!

By the way, your dad's history in baseball is fascinating!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service