Skip, why would a company Encana set up in our section drill and not pay us in that section, heard that on some of our land, can you enlighten, THANKS, BUCKSHOT

Views: 219

Replies to This Discussion

Trying to help Buckshot as He is my Cousin, Ok the question is, Will we get paid?

We have land that is leased in sec. 16-T10n-R11w Desoto. They originally planned two wells on this site. One going into sec 16, the other into sec. 9. Now we are hearing Sec. 16 has a fault line running through it, so they kicked off and went into 9. The wellhead and pipelines are on our land in sec. 16.

Nobody can tell us if we will be getting royalties off this well, also we don't know if #242703 Sec. 16 T10N- R11W is in the same unit as #242702 Sec. 9 T10N-R11W all in Desoto.
Most leases are written with wording that there has to be production and payments to hold the lease.
Where can we find this Info?
Thanks for any help.

JRC, the land owners in Section 16 are not included in the unit for Section 9 and will not share in the production from the Cook-Taylor 9 H1 Well (Ser #242702) since it will only produce gas from Section 9.  See the attached for the well plat and the following for more information.

EnCana, Cook-Taylor Land 9 #H1 Well, Serial #242702, S16(9)-T10N-R11W
EnCana, Cook-Taylor Land 16 #H1 Well, Serial #242703, S16-T10N-R11W

S9-T10N-R11W, HA RA SUGG Unit, Encana, Grogan Field, DeSoto Parish
S16-T10N-R11W, HA RA SUD Unit, Shell, Grogan Field, DeSoto Parish

Attachments:

is there somewhere you can go and look up to see if than plan to drill any additional wells in a certain section? they already have one well in my section #239985 sec 4  r9 t11 and was just wondering if they planned to drill another one

You can check the well permits issued each week but no there is no source for determining a company's drilling program and time table.  The Permitted Wells By Date is a simple search option in SONRIS Lite.

Thats heart breaking. I dont even know how they can call it a Cook Taylor well if we the Cook Taylor Family will not be receiving royalties from this well.

If they are not goint to produce a mineral from this section 16 then we should beable to take back the lease and lease to someone who will?

The well operator can name the well whatever they choose, it's their well.  The name of the owner of the surface location is often used.  The company that took the lease and paid the bonus has the final say as to whether a well will be drilled during the term of the lease.  There is a right to explore and produce conferred by the lease but not an obligation to do so.
As Les B. has correctly answered your question regarding royalty (above), I'll just add that the fault in 10N - 11W does not affect Section 16 according to my map.  The fault runs through sections 3, 9, 17 & 19 with 3 & 19 most affected.
Interesting, so where can I get a copy of this map?

It's a Petrohawk map titled "NW Louisiana Haynesville:  The Core Defined By EUR" from May 25, 2010.  I believe there is a link to a pdf copy in somewhere in this discussion thread.

http://www.gohaynesvilleshale.com/forum/topics/petrohawks-definitio...

So does this fault go anywhere near sec4 r9 t11?
No.

Cool... Thank you.  What does the fault cause ?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service