Hi what is an "EXCEPTIONAL" well site? Why do you need a separate permit for this? also what is apooled unit?, who gets money if gas is discovered?  thanks

Views: 895

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Emily, an "exceptional" well site is one that does not comply with spacing rules.  Generally wells have to be some minimum distance from the unit boundaries and other wells producing from the same formation.  If the proposed well does not comply with these miminum distances (spacing rules) the operator will need to get additional permission from the Commission before drilling the well.
Thanks Les, there is another well that is near this one already producing. Im not sure where the boundaries are though. Im trying to figure all of this out. My dad passed away 2 yrs ago ironically he was an engineer for the natural gas of exxon. He knew every thing about the natural gas in la. Wish he were here! Thanks for your help!
Okay, let's start over.  First this is an application for a drilling and production unit, not for a well permit.  If the application is approved it allows the applicant to force pool all mineral interests within the unit boundary and all will participate in any and all unit wells drilled within that boundary based on their proportional acreage in the total unit acres and the terms of their lease.  There is no requirement to drill a well and the unit order is effective indefinitely.  Considering the existing approved Davis CV units in the surrounding sections, it's likely Will Drill is planning to drill in the near future.  To do so they will have the file for a well permit.  There is no requirement to send out a notice for that, you'll just have to periodically check well permits.  The notice was sent to mineral interests of record in Section 9 and all those adjoining to a distance of 1000' as required by state regulations.  So some of the mineral owners in Sections 3-5, 8 & 10 and 15-17 received the notice but they are not included in the proposed unit boundary.
Thanks for the info...so the hearing I went to last wk at the la dept of cons was just for the field order not the well permit....I am asking you these questions based on what the geologist from willdrill told me...he stated that this site..williamson 9 had to be approved by dept of cons because of its exceptional location???? which he said they got......just asking...does this mean anything or am I  asking the same thing over and over?
Thanks Les
emily, request for approval of the exceptional well location is included in the application because the formation of the unit includes certain well spacing requirements. Will Drill's Williamson 9 does not comply even though it does not exist. It will not exist until Will Drill applies for a well permit. Will Drill is simply getting the spacing issue out of the way in the unit application. I understand this can be confusing for a laymen but believe me it's standard stuff and of no real relevance for you or any other mineral owner in the unit. After Will Drill receives the Unit Order, they will permit the Williamson 9 in this location.
Got it! Thank you very much for explaining all of this to  me Skip!  Your knowledge along with your patience and kindness makes this site great!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service